PDA

View Full Version : Proof read recruitment speech.

Dandasarge
01-19-11, 12:33 PM
I have an ad I have made up. I'm hoping someone in the team is good at grammar and marketing? It is to be used to recruit on different form boards. I’ve never been vary good at it but I’m trying for the team.

It has color and the link works but I didn't think we needed to see that in a proof. Also I did use spell check but it may of put in the wrong words.

Hello fellow crunchers!

“On March 24, 2005 Team SETI.USA was created to consolidate United States users and become the #1 SETI Team in the world. This goal was achieved within 24 months of inception thanks to the extraordinary efforts of our dedicated membership. To parlay that effort, and for the benefit of all BOINC distributed computing projects, Team SETI.USA’s commitment to extend beyond a single project has begun. SETI.USA is now BOINCing the world!”

That was the speech from the great SargeD. It all still stands true we have taken BONIC in a way no one had thought possible before. The BONIC world changed and SETI.USA was a little behind. We are Reloaded and Revived! Anyone that wants to check us out or old members that haven’t made it to the new forms please come check us out.

Message Board

Join with us as we boldly go where no team has gone before!

Together we will accomplish something amazing!
Always,
Dan Sargent
Aka Dandasarge

Teratoma
01-19-11, 02:06 PM
Actually I think that the wording (evolved over time) was originally drafted by BlkJack-21 or collectively with DrBob & SargeD and possible others.

I will have to reflect on the addition. I'm not entirely sold on the wording, but I see what you are trying to say. Thank you for stepping up and taking the initiative!

I was just thinking about the recruitment threads yesterday and was wondering if anyone was filling the hole that SargeD has left....and here you are drafting an updated message...very cool.

Dandasarge
01-19-11, 04:11 PM
Well maybe DrBob can tell me? I'm not one with words I would think almost anyone can better word things. I have seen a few more recent post on the recruitment boards. SargeD done a ton of stuff at his prime in the team I’m not sure how he got anything outside of the team accomplished? Recruiting, Spare parts guy, team, the news letter.

I don't know who wrote it I do know what he posted it every place in the BONIC world.

DrBob
01-19-11, 06:21 PM
Yup, pretty old. That wording was “massaged out” between the old team admin and a couple team members shortly after steering our focus from the team’s rise on SETI@home to a major “BOINC wide” effort and as Tera said, evolved over time.

SargeD was one of a few members that posted regularly to the project fora recruitment areas.
Good to see someone attempting to revive the effort.