PDA

View Full Version : M$ is...ummm...yeah...

John P. Myers
11-09-13, 09:38 AM
I don't really know what to say to this opinion-wise. Creepy? Obvious desperation? I don't know how i feel...

Anime. Some people like anime. But M$ has made an anime character that is supposedly the personification of IE. Her name is Inori Aizawa and she has her own facebook page and actually talks to people. She has her own email address. She has her own action/adventure mini-clip to attempt to justify her existence. i've seen images of a girl in Inori Cosplay, and you can too, here: http://kotaku.com/behold-internet-explorer-as-a-magical-girl-anime-1459673327

She claims to be cousins with Aizawa Hikaru, the Silverlight mascot...is also supposedly close friends with Nanami, Yuu and Ai from Win7/8...

I will say this is all quite interesting, though perhaps a little disturbing...

zombie67
11-09-13, 09:43 AM
I'll take "Obvious desperation" for the win.

cineon_lut
11-09-13, 12:45 PM
I don't really know what to say to this opinion-wise. Creepy? Obvious desperation? I don't know how i feel...

Anime. Some people like anime. But M$ has made an anime character that is supposedly the personification of IE.

I didn't see her stop and ask me 20 questions about security settings, auto-complete, or remembering passwords when I went to visit my first website on my new build. (that website, of course, being www.getfirefox.com)

:)

c303a
11-09-13, 02:28 PM
I'm using FF Nightly and love it. I have IE turned off in Windows programs and don't miss it a bit.

E-30
11-09-13, 02:57 PM
love nightly its been a blast working with it with all the new updates it has

John P. Myers
11-10-13, 12:00 AM
Oh me....i like to poke things and this just got worse lol

If you goto this site: http://www.internetexplorertan.com/home/ with a browser other than IE, your screen will be filled with an image of Inori crying and the 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons in the lower right won't work.

If you do use IE, then you can subject yourself to even more of this silliness.

Fire$torm
11-10-13, 12:17 AM
I just tried it using FF with IE tab plug-in, which uses the engine from whatever version of IE you have installed on your system. The page still showed her crying because I only have IE 8. What a scam....