PDA

View Full Version : Team Division

Dandasarge
01-20-11, 04:36 PM
Ok there is enough people going for teams that no matter what we will now have teams. But what will they be?

Beer had this and I think it’s a Great layout

Milestone Division:

Those are chasing MegaMilestones across all projects. Can support challenges, certain projects if it is on their "path"

BlackOps
Members willing to go everywhere. They are the first one out, when needed in a challenge. Very competitive members. Always looking "to pick a fight"

Topslot Division:

These are the members that wanna see SETI.USA take overall #1. They crunch best paying projects, optimize and calculate how to obtain maximum output. Can supports challenges. These members provide the solid baseline of RAC to keep us in the game.

Defend/FB Division:

These members defend individual projects in danger. Can me matched with those particular interested in FB.

Reserve Division:

Casual "crunch what you want" members, who is acting as backup on challenges, when position is defended or any other "not planned" happening.

If anyone has thoughts about it please post here!

Beerdrinker
01-20-11, 04:44 PM
Ohh....Yeah....I had one more idea...

The divisions must have 2 "captains"....The only task of those 2 would be to email 4 other people in time of need....Those 4 members should email 8 others...Well you get the idea....

Then no more need for mass email distribution...:p

STMahlberg
01-20-11, 05:09 PM
Ohh....Yeah....I had one more idea...

The divisions must have 2 "captains"....The only task of those 2 would be to email 4 other people in time of need....Those 4 members should email 8 others...Well you get the idea....

Then no more need for mass email distribution...:p

Just like a church phone tree... that's a great idea! :)

DrPop
01-20-11, 05:25 PM
Sounds good. Beginning to draw up some plans. This question might be for Hankey, Tera, STM, Bok - anyone with good VBulletin experience:

How much can we automate the administrative side of things? For example, I would think EVERY single person who signs up on our board, should have access to the "Reserve Division" forum. That would be a good jumping off point for anyone, even someone from another team checking us out.

Could we make the other division forums "access level only", like the groups are? If we could, someone could request access to a certain division forum, and the leader of that division could allow them access. Kind of like the group thing we have going on now. For example, someone wanting into BlackOps "joins" and then I am sent an email saying "your group needs administrative action", and then I am taken to a page that I can accept or reject that individual's application. All this happens without the Admins having to step in and waste their time on it - they have more global issues to deal with.

If we can get something like that sorted out, then each division having 2 captains, like was suggested above, will really speed the process along. Odds are, at least 1 of the 2 will have 'Net access at any give time, and all this division overhead would be solved by a few individuals interested in their division - something they would enjoy doing, and offloading a potentially daunting task from the 2 global admins each year.

EDIT: I think TM must have something similar to this with their SpecialOps section, but I'm not sure how much is automated, as I think the admin approves each one there.

Dandasarge
01-21-11, 10:11 AM
This morning I created a group in the forums with 5 Divisions based on Beerdrinker's layout and description. Mr. Hankey was kind enough to not kick me off the boards after I did this along with fixing some of the settings.

These 5 Divisions are not open for posting, I simply wanted everyone to get an idea of what this might look like along with any recommendations for name changes and or description changes. I simply alphabetized the order so that is why they are arranged in this manner.

It would appear to me that we are leaning in the direction of divisions so I took the initiative to act. I know some names have been dropped here and there about those that would make good Division Captains, Gunnys, or whatever you want to call them.

Volunteering for such positions would be nice too since a previously named individual may not want the responsibility... so I think this would be a good time to step-up and say something.

What say you?

After looking at it for a while I think the "Reserves" should be called something else. This is probably a bias idea from my years as agent of death but our units always look down on non tabbed much less non full time. I have no idea what to call it and there is defiantly a space for it.

How about “Core” or “Nucleus” “Setiist” I feel that’s where most people start from. How many people come to BOINC and say I want to crunch more then anyone else? How many people come to BOINC because they see something about it and what to help that project? I wouldn’t want them to be discouraged from joining a group.

I feel that the members are going to be what pushes us forward. They should at least get a cool name.

Bok
01-21-11, 10:24 AM
I think you have to be an admin of some degree to do this. If I'm understanding his correctly, you'd create usergroups for each forum and only users who are members of that usergroup can access the forum. An admin would have to add the usergroup to each user in question.

Of course you can tighten down the permissions of each and every admin individually if required so you could do it that way.

Bok

Sounds good. Beginning to draw up some plans. This question might be for Hankey, Tera, STM, Bok - anyone with good VBulletin experience:

How much can we automate the administrative side of things? For example, I would think EVERY single person who signs up on our board, should have access to the "Reserve Division" forum. That would be a good jumping off point for anyone, even someone from another team checking us out.

Could we make the other division forums "access level only", like the groups are? If we could, someone could request access to a certain division forum, and the leader of that division could allow them access. Kind of like the group thing we have going on now. For example, someone wanting into BlackOps "joins" and then I am sent an email saying "your group needs administrative action", and then I am taken to a page that I can accept or reject that individual's application. All this happens without the Admins having to step in and waste their time on it - they have more global issues to deal with.

If we can get something like that sorted out, then each division having 2 captains, like was suggested above, will really speed the process along. Odds are, at least 1 of the 2 will have 'Net access at any give time, and all this division overhead would be solved by a few individuals interested in their division - something they would enjoy doing, and offloading a potentially daunting task from the 2 global admins each year.

EDIT: I think TM must have something similar to this with their SpecialOps section, but I'm not sure how much is automated, as I think the admin approves each one there.

Beerdrinker
01-21-11, 10:34 AM
After giving it some consideration....I would be willing to step up and lead one division, if we come to the desicion that the only task is to email members of the division in the time of need.

The focus, projects to go to and any other things must lie with the majority within the division.

I am best suited for etiher "Reserves" or "Topslot"

STMahlberg
01-21-11, 10:46 AM
I think you have to be an admin of some degree to do this. If I'm understanding his correctly, you'd create usergroups for each forum and only users who are members of that usergroup can access the forum. An admin would have to add the usergroup to each user in question.

Of course you can tighten down the permissions of each and every admin individually if required so you could do it that way.

Bok

Yes you do... I was thinking about this this morning, as far as the divisions within our team, I think that all S.USA members should have access to all of the divisions; I'm not sure that it is a good idea to give specific permission to each member to be allowed into BlackOps or MM's or whatever. We are a team and should be allowed to travel freely within our "own borders" if that makes sense.

We have "Friends of S.USA" that come and go and say hello, which is great, who are not "members" of S.USA. I don't think that our friends should have the ability to go wherever they please. Some things need to remain within team ranks.

Also there is the ability within vBulletin to hide forums to those that do not have access.

I understand that this will take some reconfiguring of vBulletin and will add to the workload, that is why I am willing to devote my time to help the Admin to do this... I know that we are requesting a lot of the Admin and I want them to know that there are those of us here that are willing to help bare the burden of what we are asking.

Edit... one more thing...

I also want to mention that I have a site with vBulletin installed and it is operational although it is not a "live" site. We could use this to experiment with and come up with a working model before making such changes here if that would make Mr. Hankey and Teratoma feel better. I know that the mixture of User Groups, Permissions and getting all of the Forums configured correctly can be a nightmare. b-(

Harley
01-21-11, 12:10 PM
After looking at it for a while I think the "Reserves" should be called something else. This is probably a bias idea from my years as agent of death but our units always look down on non tabbed much less non full time. I have no idea what to call it and there is defiantly a space for it.

How about “Core” or “Nucleus” “Setiist” I feel that’s where most people start from. How many people come to BOINC and say I want to crunch more then anyone else? How many people come to BOINC because they see something about it and what to help that project? I wouldn’t want them to be discouraged from joining a group.

I feel that the members are going to be what pushes us forward. They should at least get a cool name.

I think "SUSA Core Division" or "SUSA Corps" would be good.

STMahlberg
01-21-11, 12:14 PM
I think "SUSA Core Division" or "SUSA Corps" would be good.

I like SUSA Core. :)

Beerdrinker
01-21-11, 12:15 PM
I think "SUSA Core Division" would be good.

+1

I just came up with "Reserves" because I had a brainfart.....;)

DrPop
01-21-11, 12:20 PM
I like that as well; how about "Crunchers For the Science"...like mentioned in the other thread - those people that fall into this category are most likely doing it because they like a particular project's science or application.

Dandasarge
01-21-11, 12:35 PM
my 2c is that any member of the team should be able to so in any place, I would say that there should be verified members and non verified. Non verified can’t go any place we talk strategy. Where dose that line get drawn though? What do you base it on? There are outside help like the Musketeers that are vary close to us. I wouldn’t want to hide any thing from them but at the same time they don’t need to know everything we do. I guess this is why the government have 10 levels of classification.

Maybe Bok can give us the scale he can work with or wants to work with as far as user rights?

I hope we have planed for enough admin’s because this is going to be a work load.

This is also why the military leadership is in pairs, everything should be redundant to keep stress off any 1 person.

There has to be a figure head. I’ll for now assume this is still blackjack. He still crunches (General)

But you have to have your Sergeant Major. We should prob split this into a couple people.

And your Chief this will be whoever the top form admin is. Anyone that dose the background work on the form should hold some lvl chief spot. How the form admin’s wish to break this up is up to ya’ll it should hold no weight on any other part though. This is only so members can identify who you are and respect as such.

You have to have your headquarters staff. The recruiter/ the stats people/ exc.

Then the teams all need 2 leaders The General and his SM Some people are better at some things then others. I think that’s a good start.

Some people will fall into 2 maybe 3 categories. Other then the command I think you should be able to be in multiple categories.

Dandasarge
01-21-11, 12:37 PM
+1

I just came up with "Reserves" because I had a brainfart.....;)

No Beer it was a great idea I agreed at the time. You knew something had to be there.

DrPop
01-21-11, 01:19 PM
Fair enough. It should be fairly simple to let everyone see the regular "general banter" forums like the lounge, all the individual project forums, etc.

The Division forums are the only ones that should be off limits to NON-team members. I agree that all "regular members of SETI.USA" should have access to all division forums.

Each member would ideally "register" with the head of the division they feel most aligned with, as a formality only. This is so that we can avoid mass group mailings, and have a more personal form of communication from the top of the division down...

STMahlberg
01-21-11, 01:40 PM
Fair enough. It should be fairly simple to let everyone see the regular "general banter" forums like the lounge, all the individual project forums, etc.

The Division forums are the only ones that should be off limits to NON-team members. I agree that all "regular members of SETI.USA" should have access to all division forums.

Each member would ideally "register" with the head of the division they feel most aligned with, as a formality only. This is so that we can avoid mass group mailings, and have a more personal form of communication from the top of the division down...

Something I would like to add about Division access and users and it was brought up somewhere about how to tell who's who I believe.

The user titles can be changed to identify a S.USA member from say Team Musketeer. Currently our user titles are based on the number of posts that we make, i.e. New Member, Silver Member, etc. this is an automatic feature within the system.

You can change it to see when you post at least, something like this:

DrPop
Silver Member

to:

DrPop
S.USA

or

Dr. Dan
Team Musketeer

Colors of the title can also be changed. Unfortunately all of this would have to be done manually as far as I've seen. And once again, I volunteer to do this. :)

Harley
01-21-11, 03:13 PM
Here are a few suggestions. I'm just trying to put a friendlier face on it.

If I changed your suggestion.... please don't be offended. If I stole one of your ideas.... please don't be offended. Please feel free to make any changes you like or you can totally ignore these. I will not be offended.

BlackOps Division
Seti.USA’s Strategic Strike Force. Whether you need help defending a position, overtaking a position or help with a challenge. These are the members who respond. We’re quick, mobile, powerful and looking for a fight. Just give us a call. We’ve got your back!

Mega Stoners
For members who are chasing the Mega Milestones. If you want as many Mega Milestones across all projects or the highest Mega Milestones in a select few projects, this is the place for you.

Top Gun Division
For members who want to see Seti.USA grab the top Overall Boinc spot. Through optimized apps, upgrades and crunching the highest paying projects, “We’ll get it done!”

“SUSA Core Division” or “SUSA Corps”
For the casual cruncher or the “in it for the science” minded person. Maybe you just want to donate your spare computer power or you don’t have the time to keep on top of everything going on in the Boinc world (projects, credits or whatever). We’re casual, laidback and welcoming. Come on in and join us.

DrPop
01-21-11, 06:13 PM
+1 [points to post above] I love the suggestions! Looks great, and friendly too. Who wouldn't find a place to fit in the above categories? <:-P

STMahlberg
01-21-11, 06:39 PM
Here are a few suggestions. I'm just trying to put a friendlier face on it.

If I changed your suggestion.... please don't be offended. If I stole one of your ideas.... please don't be offended. Please feel free to make any changes you like or you can totally ignore these. I will not be offended.

BlackOps Division
Seti.USA’s Strategic Strike Force. Whether you need help defending a position, overtaking a position or help with a challenge. These are the members who respond. We’re quick, mobile, powerful and looking for a fight. Just give us a call. We’ve got your back!

Mega Stoners
For members who are chasing the Mega Milestones. If you want as many Mega Milestones across all projects or the highest Mega Milestones in a select few projects, this is the place for you.

Top Gun Division
For members who want to see Seti.USA grab the top Overall Boinc spot. Through optimized apps, upgrades and crunching the highest paying projects, “We’ll get it done!”

“SUSA Core Division” or “SUSA Corps”
For the casual cruncher or the “in it for the science” minded person. Maybe you just want to donate your spare computer power or you don’t have the time to keep on top of everything going on in the Boinc world (projects, credits or whatever). We’re casual, laidback and welcoming. Come on in and join us.

I like these as well, good descriptions. =D> So perhaps just four Divisions instead of five?

Beerdrinker
01-21-11, 07:04 PM
I like these as well, good descriptions. =D> So perhaps just four Divisions instead of five?

No objections from me!

Harley
01-21-11, 07:27 PM

Sorry, I left out the Defend/FB division because I don't know what FB is.:-?? Since one already existed and I don't know jack about FB I figured I should leave well enough alone. There can be as many divisions as we want. I'm sure we'll be adding more as time goes on.

I also changed a couple names but use whatever you want.

These are only suggestions just to get this started. Once the divisions get established, the members can change both names and descriptions.

Bok
01-21-11, 09:16 PM
Stats coding for subteams/divisions have commenced :) Most of the backend already done, got some quick hacked pages to display the data out.

Lots to do still....interesting though. It's already generated 120,000 rows of data

Very brief preview....

mysql> select subteam,projrank0,metric1 as credits ,metric2 as RAC,teamrank0 from boinc_subteam where proj = 'dne' and teamid = 42 order by metric1 desc limit 0,20;
+--------------------------+-----------+------------------+----------------+-----------+
| subteam | projrank0 | credits | RAC | teamrank0 |
+--------------------------+-----------+------------------+----------------+-----------+
| AF>HFR>RR | 4 | 413444501.741201 | 1719911.450219 | 1 |
| AF>EDLS | 10 | 216556051.196711 | 983475.040841 | 2 |
| AF>Libristes | 11 | 196972112.197099 | 845104.424451 | 3 |
| AF>HFR>HOP! | 12 | 182042728.73951 | 482679.467339 | 4 |
| AF>Occitania>Lengadocian | 13 | 134746561.493026 | 593704.740611 | 5 |
| AF>Amis des Lapins | 14 | 119460275.647808 | 561980.199818 | 6 |
| AF>Quebec | 16 | 109398172.661261 | 606473.653509 | 7 |
| AF>Occitania>Gascon | 20 | 76822500.206671 | 245918.901825 | 8 |
| AF>HFR | 24 | 64938118.583758 | 329470.631848 | 9 |
| AF>Kirass>MPF | 25 | 64492006.202387 | 436618.641229 | 10 |
| AF>EDLS>Physique | 27 | 57763552.828209 | 476633.271865 | 11 |
| AF>WildWildWest | 28 | 55982679.839994 | 272633.894882 | 12 |
| AF>France | 29 | 54466685.53565 | 297207.197182 | 13 |
| AF>IJV | 32 | 46996707.421188 | 26572.791958 | 14 |
| AF>Libristes>GNU-Linux | 34 | 38559874.715097 | 117536.340171 | 15 |
| AF>HFR>MPT | 35 | 37166659.749998 | 31657.927201 | 16 |
| AF | 46 | 17093933.5 | 69177.30436 | 17 |
| AF>France>Est>Alsace | 47 | 16149337.999999 | 207735.831315 | 18 |
| AF>2TF | 48 | 15791156.442013 | 68192.930384 | 19 |
| AF>Le_Pommier | 49 | 14125187.135336 | 104648.373022 | 20 |
20 rows in set (0.00 sec)

STMahlberg
01-22-11, 06:20 AM
Stats coding for subteams/divisions have commenced :) Most of the backend already done, got some quick hacked pages to display the data out.

Lots to do still....interesting though. It's already generated 120,000 rows of data

Very brief preview....

mysql> select subteam,projrank0,metric1 as credits ,metric2 as RAC,teamrank0 from boinc_subteam where proj = 'dne' and teamid = 42 order by metric1 desc limit 0,20;
| subteam | projrank0 | credits | RAC | teamrank0 |
| AF>HFR>RR | 4 | 413444501.741201 | 1719911.450219 | 1 |
| AF>EDLS | 10 | 216556051.196711 | 983475.040841 | 2 |
| AF>Libristes | 11 | 196972112.197099 | 845104.424451 | 3 |
| AF>HFR>HOP! | 12 | 182042728.73951 | 482679.467339 | 4 |
| AF>Occitania>Lengadocian | 13 | 134746561.493026 | 593704.740611 | 5 |
| AF>Amis des Lapins | 14 | 119460275.647808 | 561980.199818 | 6 |
| AF>Quebec | 16 | 109398172.661261 | 606473.653509 | 7 |
| AF>Occitania>Gascon | 20 | 76822500.206671 | 245918.901825 | 8 |
| AF>HFR | 24 | 64938118.583758 | 329470.631848 | 9 |
| AF>Kirass>MPF | 25 | 64492006.202387 | 436618.641229 | 10 |
| AF>EDLS>Physique | 27 | 57763552.828209 | 476633.271865 | 11 |
| AF>WildWildWest | 28 | 55982679.839994 | 272633.894882 | 12 |
| AF>France | 29 | 54466685.53565 | 297207.197182 | 13 |
| AF>IJV | 32 | 46996707.421188 | 26572.791958 | 14 |
| AF>Libristes>GNU-Linux | 34 | 38559874.715097 | 117536.340171 | 15 |
| AF>HFR>MPT | 35 | 37166659.749998 | 31657.927201 | 16 |
| AF | 46 | 17093933.5 | 69177.30436 | 17 |
| AF>France>Est>Alsace | 47 | 16149337.999999 | 207735.831315 | 18 |
| AF>2TF | 48 | 15791156.442013 | 68192.930384 | 19 |
| AF>Le_Pommier | 49 | 14125187.135336 | 104648.373022 | 20 |
20 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Nice! :cool:

Beerdrinker
01-23-11, 04:54 PM
So....What´s the status??

Do we go with the Divisions, or are we looking at other solutions?

I think the Divisions is great...

- I would allows us to mobilize alot faster.
- We can accomodate most wishes...(topslot, crunch what you want etc)
- Specialized information....Topslot will now wich pays best, MM will know about new projects....

trigggl
01-23-11, 06:39 PM
So....What´s the status??

Do we go with the Divisions, or are we looking at other solutions?

I think the Divisions is great...

- I would allows us to mobilize alot faster.
- We can accomodate most wishes...(topslot, crunch what you want etc)
- Specialized information....Topslot will now wich pays best, MM will know about new projects....
And apparently we'll need some official suffixes and maybe a new format for them.

[SETI.USA.MegaStoners], [SETI.USA.DefendFB], [SETI.USA.BlackOps], [SETI.USA.TopGun], [SETI.USA.Core]

If someone has other ideas, or what's easiest for Bok?

zombie67
01-23-11, 06:56 PM
And apparently we'll need some official suffixes and maybe a new format for them.

[SETI.USA.MegaStoners], [SETI.USA.DefendFB], [SETI.USA.BlackOps], [SETI.USA.TopGun], [SETI.USA.Core]

If someone has other ideas, or what's easiest for Bok?

No need for the SETI.USA part. That is already associated with all of our names.

Fire$torm
01-23-11, 07:23 PM

Lots to do still....interesting though. It's already generated 120,000 rows of data...

Hey Bok! Great stuff. Thanks for the effort. :-bd

Bok
01-23-11, 10:50 PM
As long as it's the same for each h user in the division and within square brackets it will be picked out.

I've got all the perl and mysql code done, working just fine. Combined subteam data across projects as well as individual within a project, ranking across all/within team/rac. I can't control what a user does with their name so everything comes in :)

Now got to do some frontend php to display it all. Give me a day or two...I'm thinking perhaps giving a mechanism to have at least some kind of description from each subteam if they wish, though it'll likely be a manual effort for now, html+image whatever to display.

Any ideas?

Pages for

1) list of divisions/subteams for each team
2) drill down to division showing list of each project and their totals
3) drill down to list of users in the division on each project
4) drill down from 1) to list of combined data for each user in the division.

trigggl
01-23-11, 10:59 PM
No need for the SETI.USA part. That is already associated with all of our names.

So...?
name [BlackOps]
name [MegaStoners]
name [DefendFB]
name [TopGun]
name [Core]

The SETI.USA part wasn't for stats anyways. It was for visibility.

zombie67
01-23-11, 11:08 PM
The SETI.USA part wasn't for stats anyways. It was for visibility.

Ah. Got it.

Fire$torm
01-23-11, 11:13 PM
As long as it's the same for each h user in the division and within square brackets it will be picked out.

I've got all the perl and mysql code done, working just fine. Combined subteam data across projects as well as individual within a project, ranking across all/within team/rac. I can't control what a user does with their name so everything comes in :)

Now got to do some frontend php to display it all. Give me a day or two...I'm thinking perhaps giving a mechanism to have at least some kind of description from each subteam if they wish, though it'll likely be a manual effort for now, html+image whatever to display.

Any ideas?

Pages for

1) list of divisions/subteams for each team
2) drill down to division showing list of each project and their totals
3) drill down to list of users in the division on each project
4) drill down from 1) to list of combined data for each user in the division.

Bok, for me at least, I guess as long as it works similar to the way your individual detail stats pages work it should be fine.

Mumps
01-24-11, 07:27 PM
So, considering how fractured the "US" is, it's interesting to look at the Country stats rather than the Team stats.

Wonder how tough it'd be on Bok to do that kind of reporting across teams to let other US teams "join" SETI.USA in stats against LAF where they don't want to give up their own team. :)

SETI.USA is about 4% of US Production
SETI.Germany is about 38% of German Production
LAF is about 63% of French Production

GregK
01-24-11, 08:11 PM
nice idea would be nice to see a category called "team stats if all us teams were combined" that would get folks thinking! reuniting us teams is like palestine/israel!

Bok
01-24-11, 08:44 PM
Whilst there is no way to really know the definitive score, this is a good approximation

mysql> select country,sum(metric1) as score from boinc_combined_team group by country order by score desc limit 0,10;
+----------------+------------------+
| country | score |
| International | 81142494066.6291 |
| UNITED STATES | 38337386255.0193 |
| GERMANY | 33088032554.6242 |
| Japan | 17243571958.4216 |
| United Kingdom | 11339161917.1749 |
| Poland | 11168015647.4306 |
| None | 8156009403.43563 |
| Czech Republic | 8116593170.69896 |
| | 7826296135.76503 |
| Russia | 6767011906.42419 |
10 rows in set (0.23 sec)

L'Alliance Francophone are International as are quite a few of the top teams.

Bok
01-24-11, 08:48 PM
If you want to start thinking of some bbcode including an image for each division I have the mechanism to store it in the DB much like the team description you can set at each project.

Quick and dirty page based on the team page, some parts still need to be removed. I added a very basic image.

BlackOps (http://stats5.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteam&team=SETI.USA&subteam=BlackOps)

This is a page showing the combined subteam data along with it's data for each project.

The code for the top is as follows

Testing BlackOps<br><br>&lt;a title="SETI.USA BlackOps" href="http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?82-BlackOps">&lt;img title="SETI.USA BlackOps" src="/images/blackops.png" alt="BlackOps">&lt;/a>

I'm happy to store the images locally.

Another (http://stats5.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteams&team=SETI.USA) quickly written page to display each subteam for a team.

Note that stats5 is liable to break at anytime as it's our testbed for new code...

Fire$torm
01-24-11, 09:00 PM
If you want to start thinking of some bbcode including an image for each division I have the mechanism to store it in the DB much like the team description you can set at each project.

Quick and dirty page based on the team page, some parts still need to be removed. I added a very basic image.

BlackOps (http://stats5.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteam&team=SETI.USA&subteam=BlackOps)

This is a page showing the combined subteam data along with it's data for each project.

The code for the top is as follows

Testing BlackOps<br><br>&lt;a title="SETI.USA BlackOps" href="http://setiusa.free-dc.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?82-BlackOps">&lt;img title="SETI.USA BlackOps" src="/images/blackops.png" alt="BlackOps">&lt;/a>

I'm happy to store the images locally.

Another (http://stats5.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteams&team=SETI.USA) quickly written page to display each subteam for a team.

Note that stats5 is liable to break at anytime as it's our testbed for new code...
Now that is really cool sh... err stuff there Bok. Now the subteams just need to create Graphics so thanks for the offer and the work.

Edit: What are your preferred min & max limits for subteam graphics and do you have a preference for width/height ratio?

Bok
01-24-11, 09:37 PM
ah, just nothing crazy, don't mind otherwise. I can always resize them if needed.

STMahlberg
01-25-11, 05:59 AM
Very nice Bok. :)

DrPop
01-25-11, 01:23 PM
BOK, did anyone tell you that you are awesome lately? :D

Yes, this is the ticket to getting other teams to join in. SETI.USA will be one big HUB off of which all USA teams can become sub-divisions and maintain their own identity. Uniting is the only way forward against teams like SIC., S.G. and LAF.

Please consider the SETI.USA part of our names were for advertising the brand. Do we want to drop that? Here's some options, what do you all prefer?...

DrPop [BlackOps]

DrPop.SETI.USA [BlackOps]

DrPop [BlackOps] SETI.USA

DrPOOP & Mr. Hankey for SETI.USA (just had to for Joker and NJCans!) :D

STMahlberg
01-25-11, 05:08 PM

Yes, this is the ticket to getting other teams to join in. SETI.USA will be one big HUB off of which all USA teams can become sub-divisions and maintain their own identity. Uniting is the only way forward against teams like SIC., S.G. and LAF.

Please consider the SETI.USA part of our names were for advertising the brand. Do we want to drop that? Here's some options, what do you all prefer?...

DrPop [BlackOps]

Personally I like the NAME.TEAM [DIVISION]

Harley
01-25-11, 05:31 PM

I like this one too.

Fire$torm
01-25-11, 06:52 PM

DrPop [BlackOps]

I like this one too.

I'm with y'all on that one.

Spankinmonkee
01-25-11, 07:49 PM
Just changed my name from

Spankinmonkee[TopGun]SETI.USA

to

Spankinmonkee
[TopGun] Division
SETI.USA

I agree that SETI.USA should be in the handle and adding Division will get people maybe to click to see whats going on by curiousity

DrPop
01-25-11, 08:12 PM
So I think that means we're going with (example)

Do I have this correct? If so, I will proceed to change on all the projects...

zombie67
01-29-11, 08:48 PM
So you are changing your name on all the projects, to match your new division choice. But how do you know if you got every project updated? Bok has a solution for us!

Go to your Free-DC CPID page. Here is mine as an example:

1) http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=0a7b8378436fdcaef549d87e35f26480

2) Find the word "userbycpid" in the URL and add a "2" to the end of it, and you end up with this!

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid2&cpid=0a7b8378436fdcaef549d87e35f26480

Bok said, "Feel free to advertise it, it needs some formatting though. I'm happy to update usernsmes on old projects..."

Maxwell
01-29-11, 09:30 PM
+1 for what zombie said. It was really helpful for me today...

trigggl
01-30-11, 12:33 AM
+1 for what zombie said. It was really helpful for me today...

I have a bookmark for every account page of mine and I just go through one by one. I separate the bookmarks by folder based on milestone so the list doesn't get too big on one.

Maxwell
01-30-11, 12:42 AM
I actually use the TM toolbar to link to projects. Easier than clicking on project links from the stats pages. And I'm not organized enough for the favorites list... :cool:

zombie67
01-30-11, 12:43 AM
I have a bookmark for every account page of mine and I just go through one by one. I separate the bookmarks by folder based on milestone so the list doesn't get too big on one.

Yeah, the list of projects is easy. Knowing which of those projects have exported since is less so. And then add in typos. So a list of what Bok's stats pages are actually seeing is a great help.

STMahlberg
01-30-11, 01:22 AM

I use RoboForm (http://www.roboform.com/). :)

zombie67
02-03-11, 01:18 AM
Okay, I see a problem here. The #2 ranked division (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteamusers&team=SETI.USA&subteam=SETI.USA) is not one of the divisions agreed upon, with associated forums created. So what now? Do we create new folders to match whatever members choose to do? Or what?

DrPop
02-03-11, 03:34 AM
That's just left over from when we all had [SETI.USA] in our names for advertisement. I'll change Kat's for her now; some will just have to wait until folks get around to changing them, I guess.

STMahlberg
02-03-11, 06:41 AM
Interesting... I'm not listed and I have changed all of my projects to STMahlberg.SETI.USA [BlackOps] :confused:

Fire$torm
02-03-11, 07:40 AM
Interesting... I'm not listed and I have changed all of my projects to STMahlberg.SETI.USA [BlackOps] :confused:

I believe Bok is still working out some bugs. When I changed my name he had to manually include me. Drop him a line and I'm sure he will take care of it.

Maxwell
02-03-11, 07:50 AM
You're there now... http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteamusers&team=SETI.USA&subteam=BlackOps

Here are all your UN's at projects: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid2&cpid=8442f8d4561f9966a11baa6c465fa472

STMahlberg
02-03-11, 09:44 AM
You're there now... http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteamusers&team=SETI.USA&subteam=BlackOps

Here are all your UN's at projects: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid2&cpid=8442f8d4561f9966a11baa6c465fa472

Thank you Maxwell. :)

zombie67
02-12-11, 09:13 PM
I think we agree that the team [core] represents everyone not in one of the other divisions. But most of the people who are that, will never be updating their name, because they aren't even aware of it. And so they are left out of the stats for [core].

I suggest one of two thing to happen:

1) Ask Bok to include all the users without [core] in their name to be automatically added to the [core] division. Not even sure if this is possible, but it is what I would prefer.

2) On the stats page (http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=subteams&team=SETI.USA), list all the teams without a [xxx] name as their own division. I don't like this as much, because it splits the core division's stats.

Thoughts?

Incognito
02-12-11, 09:41 PM
You are probably correct, there are many active members that do not visit the forum and therefore do not know about the divisions.. However, is it really necessary to put a label on everyone by automatically sticking them in a division? Is there a compelling reason for this other than someone's desire to see if they personally or their division is leading in the “division stats”?

Personally, I am not to interested in the division stats and prefer to just watch the team and my stats, so I have not joined a division. There may be others that have not joined a division intentionally, so it might be best to hold off on adding everyone to a division.

zombie67
02-12-11, 09:55 PM
You are probably correct, there are many active members that do not visit the forum and therefore do not know about the divisions.. However, is it really necessary to put a label on everyone by automatically sticking them in a division? Is there a compelling reason for this other than someone's desire to see if they personally or their division is leading in the “division stats”?

Personally, I am not to interested in the division stats and prefer to just watch the team and my stats, so I have not joined a division. There may be others that have not joined a division intentionally, so it might be best to hold off on adding everyone to a division.

A couple of points.

The old stats without divisions still exist. So if anyone doesn't like the division stats, they can just not look at them.

My suggestion #2 would accommodate your feedback.

bmwr606
02-13-11, 02:05 AM
what do you all think of contacting other us based teams and getting them to join seti.usa as user.seti.usa [old team name]?

as in:
user.seti.usa [U.S.Air Force] current avg work done 1,570,438
user.seti.usa [United States] current avg work done 16,085
user.seti.usa [US NAVY] current avg work done 4,091,941

a search of teams using the search term "united states" finds:

United States of America
United States
United States Merchant Marine Academy
United States Naval Academy
Delaware, United States
USAP - United States Antarctic Program
United States Air Force Academy Graduates
Diplomats of the United States
United States Air Force Academy
Team LoUiSiAna - UNITED STATES
Illinois, United States
United States Airforce
United States Pilots
United States Border Patrol
SETI.United States of America
Henderson Family Group - United States
United States Pirate Party
United States Military Academy
The_United_Statesian
United States Military

i am sure there are more us based teams

just did a search in boincstats for "country = united states" and found that all usa based teams together have total credit of 136,264,075,652
and seti.usa has total credit of only 12,971,539,142

Beerdrinker
02-13-11, 04:04 AM
This is EXCACTLY the initial idea behind the divisions!! We create a community where everyone can join and still be the same team..

This will allow us to "adopt" other US team...:cool: