PDA

View Full Version : Radioactive@Home: New sensor batch (KIT)

RSS
11-27-13, 07:11 PM
Due to delay in production of V3 (white tube) sensors, we are going to resume distribution of redesigned V2 sensors (black box).This sensor will be available only as a KIT*. The design work and testing should be completed by the end of this week. Kits should be available at the begining of the year 2014.* - PCB + programmed uP + tested geiger tube + enclosure

More... (http://radioactiveathome.org/boinc/forum_thread.php?id=209)

John P. Myers
11-27-13, 07:56 PM
Yes! Finally! These sensors are a great way to gain some easy FB points as i mentioned in some other thread somewhere recently. It's also a non-CPU intensive project that can run 24/7 like WuProp without hurting anything. I'm glad to finally see they've got some more sensors coming :)

Oh, and you get more badges :D

Mumps
11-27-13, 08:16 PM
I've got to check and see if by "KIT" they mean something that requires soldering skillz or acquiring your own radiation detecting tube...

E-30
11-28-13, 11:46 AM
If they cam prebuild I would get on my hands are not that study to do studding

Fire$torm
11-28-13, 12:09 PM
I've got to check and see if by "KIT" they mean something that requires soldering skillz or acquiring your own radiation detecting tube...

I believe they mean soldering skillz. Their kit will include the Geiger Tube.

E-30
11-28-13, 01:00 PM
well i guess i will send someone else the money to get the kit and put it togther for me i cant do i got the shacks to bad now

conf
01-28-14, 06:05 PM
In Europe the sensor is unavailable now, is there any possibility to get one in USA ?

Fire$torm
01-29-14, 12:38 PM
In Europe the sensor is unavailable now, is there any possibility to get one in USA ?

You can find a bunch on eBay.

conf
01-31-14, 02:25 PM
Hmmm, found nothing.
The polish site leads to a polish Ebay site where I understand absolutely nothing not even the menu.
And if I search worldwide I find nothing at all, what is the correct name in English, any idea ?

Fire$torm
01-31-14, 02:27 PM
Try Geiger–Müller tube or just "Geiger tube"

Edit: It just dawned on me that you may be talking about the complete "Kit", Yes?

Duke of Buckingham
01-31-14, 02:33 PM
:confused:Yeha conf Geiger and Muller, now only avaialble in the United States.=))

Man they seem German to me. :p

and they are, only joking ... :o

conf
01-31-14, 02:40 PM
Yes I meant the complete Kit for USB.
Want to start this project and I thought there are some guys in the USA who can build this.
Or do you get it from Poland too ?

Fire$torm
01-31-14, 02:47 PM
Yes I meant the complete Kit for USB.
Want to start this project and I thought there are some guys in the USA who can build this.
Or do you get it from Poland too ?

Sorry about that. your only solution now is to build one from parts. They have a parts list and programming code listed somewhere on their website. I'll take a look see.

Edit: Found it! ---> http://radioactiveathome.org/en/hardware/132-new-detector-prototype

conf
01-31-14, 03:17 PM
Thats far above my abilities, so I ll simply wait for the next "auction" from Poland.
Thanks for info.