PDA

View Full Version : Cosmology download

conf
12-10-13, 01:11 AM
Not allowed to post new threads anywhere so I have to do it here.
Anyone else problems with downloading WUs from Cosmology ?
2 Computers get no work at all.
Anything I can do ?

Fire$torm
12-10-13, 03:22 PM
Looks like the project server is having problems.

Here is what I see on my event log

Cosmology@Home - 12/10/2013 3:05:49 PM - Giving up on download of params_112813_092117_0.ini: - permanent HTTP error

btw, if you are using the stock BOINC Manager client, may I suggest giving BoincTasks a try. It's an alternative BOINC Manager that is magnitudes better then the stock client.

BoincTasks Homepage (Here (http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/index.html))

BT Online manual (Here (http://www.efmer.eu/boinc/boinc_tasks/manual.html))

Edit: Hmmm, went to suspend the project and found that I now have Cosmology work. Go figure...

trigggl
12-11-13, 12:27 AM
btw, if you are using the stock BOINC Manager client, may I suggest giving BoincTasks a try. It's an alternative BOINC Manager that is magnitudes better then the stock client.

Where has this been!? No more looking at one computer at a time and the message tab is back. It installed without problems in Wine.

conf
12-11-13, 10:24 AM
Seems to be a common problem, a lot of entries on project forum.
Half of the WUs download correctly the other ones are lost in space but with
my 4 days workbuffer I have got several now.

Slicker
12-12-13, 12:18 AM
I stopped crunching cosmo when they reduced the credits by half a couple years ago. When they later switched to creditNew which reduced them further, I knew I would never return. Top Gun Rules!!!!! Granted, there is no cross project parity and credits don't count for anything, but I can't bring myself to crunch a project which decides to pay half (or less) than what it used to. If nothing else, the projects should be consistent in what credits they pay for the work being done.

denim
12-31-13, 04:28 PM
It depends on the machine for me, as some have download failures, some don't. I still peck away at Cosmo when we are not in a challenge and I have some cores to spare.