PDA

View Full Version : SETI and/or SETIbeta pendings

Maxwell
01-23-11, 12:12 AM
It's late on a Saturday, and I'm curious. How much in pendings to you have at either of these projects? I'm actively crunching Beta to get my 1M there, and currently have ~240k in pending. Anyone else want to play? ;)

Surakon
02-21-11, 09:37 AM
Same here, getting alittle tired of this "pending" crap, get with it SETI@Home !!!

Maxwell
02-21-11, 02:56 PM
Hehe...

I had a big validation day a little while back, but have built it back up to where I have 163k in pending. Woohoo!!!

DrPop
03-13-11, 06:24 AM
I claimed a while back I wouldn't crunch SETI again until they made a few changes...well, looks like they did get a couple new servers, at least. I might give it a go again for a bit - maybe S-L-O-W-L-Y work my up to .5Mil or something. I'm at 339K right now.

Do you all have an Opti - app for SETI or are the [SSE] optimized instructions part of the regular program now?

Larry256
03-13-11, 02:15 PM
Get the Apps here http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=9

The Unified Installer will set up the apps and make the app_info.xml.The ATI GPU files will need to be downloaded after the cpu is set up.

Larry256

Maxwell
03-13-11, 02:19 PM
Last I checked (and it's been a while), Lunatics had actually taken down the opti apps for SETI. I don't check the SETI boards, so I'm not sure if it's because they were integrated or have new apps or what.

And a server is the last thing that needed to change about the project. I would rather go for 100M on GPUGrid (and they are irritating me at the moment) than crunch SETI or beta again. The only reason I was on Beta was because I'm a MM whore, and can't not do it.

If I were to hazard a wild guess, your 500k would take you 3-4 months minimum from where you are now.

DrPop
03-13-11, 03:24 PM
@Larry - thanks for that info

@Maxwell - wow. Maybe I'll put this idea on the back burner, then. That's just insane. I wonder what causes them to be that way over there?:confused:

trigggl
03-13-11, 03:40 PM
Get the Apps here http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=9

The Unified Installer will set up the apps and make the app_info.xml.The ATI GPU files will need to be downloaded after the cpu is set up.

Larry256

Apparently, I'm no longer a lunatic. My username doesn't exist anymore.

This link goes to Windows apps.

Maxwell
03-13-11, 04:28 PM
@Maxwell - wow. Maybe I'll put this idea on the back burner, then. That's just insane. I wonder what causes them to be that way over there?:confused:
The project admin. SETI is down more than it is up now, and not worth the havoc it wreaks with other projects. I got my 1M on both projects, now I'm done. *wipes brow with much rejoicing*