PDA

View Full Version : WUProp: Workunits longer

RSS
01-09-14, 04:10 PM
I increased the length of wu in order to ease the workunits validation.Now, the new workunits will run for 6 hours.

More... (http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/forum_thread.php?id=243)

denim
01-10-14, 09:50 AM
Will this change the credit return?

zombie67
01-10-14, 10:13 AM
Credit for non-CPU tasks is "free". It is purely additional. You don't have to make a choice to not crunch another project, to crunch non-cpu tasks. So any credit is good credit. So long as we are all paid the same credit in a project, it is all good.

Bikermatt
01-10-14, 04:46 PM
Will this change the credit return?

Looks like they doubled that also.

Slicker
01-11-14, 12:40 PM
Looks like they doubled that also.

Now that's what I like to see. Double the credits for no work other than checking the memory and run times of the other BOINC projects is hard to beat.

Fire$torm
01-11-14, 01:16 PM
Now that's what I like to see. Double the credits for no work other than checking the memory and run times of the other BOINC projects is hard to beat.

^What he said

STE\/E
01-11-14, 02:54 PM
Hummmmmm we're still getting the same amount of Credit for the amount of non work we're doing if the Wu's are Double the Length, that's what I think anyway unless my Med's are messing my mind up ... :p

denim
01-13-14, 12:21 PM
Hummmmmm we're still getting the same amount of Credit for the amount of non work we're doing if the Wu's are Double the Length, that's what I think anyway unless my Med's are messing my mind up ... :p

I think you're right as my credit return has not changed.

STE\/E
01-13-14, 04:17 PM
Yup, getting Twice the Credit but doing Twice the amount of Non Work so nothings really changed other than the Wu's are Twice as long for Twice the Credit ...