PDA

View Full Version : Name the project.......

Clank [MM]
01-20-14, 07:25 PM
That has given you the biggest headache with your join date rank. It could be several reasons but usually there is that one cruncher that drives you nuts. Mine is UTD IR Lab at WCG with 142,775,285. It's safe to say they are out of reach. What a day to sign up on, huh. There are others but this one is the worst. I even have a couple with members here, a couple rivalries that just will not go away and so on. So which project is your Eleanor. Also name the movie that name comes from.

Bryan
01-20-14, 07:43 PM
Mine are the 78 people ahead of me on Seti with the same join day ... May 99. Of course if I ever ran the project I could probably lower that number. Nah, I'm comfortable with it ... I like my project ranking of 30,597 :)) On combined join date I have over a 2B credit lead so I think I'm safe :D

shiva
01-20-14, 08:51 PM
I'm not going away for a while, Clank. Clank and I have the same Boinc start date and we also have the 1,2 places with Clank being over a half a billion ahead of 3rd. :) I also like knowing that I'm ahead of Bryan by over 25000 places on one project, seti. So if he ever goes and runs it I guess I will have to too. I'm still in 4th on my start day for seti so not too bad for not running it for 5 or 6 years. Wizbang was always a pain for me but I think he has slowed down lately.

Duke of Buckingham
01-21-14, 03:54 AM
I have a very selective memory and if I dont write immediatly ... I forget.

But for sure the amount of errors on DistrRTgen only is for anyone to get mad only one task valid till now, with a completly new configuration.

Bok
01-21-14, 06:49 AM
Gone in 60 seconds for the movie reference.

Fire$torm
01-21-14, 03:01 PM
Any project that I'm not 1st in that runs CreditNew......

Clank [MM]
01-21-14, 10:10 PM
The movie was too easy. OK,.....

What was printed on the gear shift knob?
What was the car his brother was getting crushed in?
What car used laser cut keys?
What song was used to pump them up for the job?
What was the security system in the Humvee?
what was the "tool" to get the Porsche?

circeseye
01-22-14, 12:32 PM
;71734']The movie was too easy. OK,.....

camero
mercedes
low rider

Bok
01-22-14, 12:38 PM
IIRC from memory

Skull?
Nick Cage was in his Eleanor (the 1965 Shelby Mustang?)
Mercedes
Low Rider (from Circeseye, couldn't remember the name, though I remember the song)
The Snake ?
Brick? Didn't they just smash the window of the dealership and get the keys?

;71734']The movie was too easy. OK,.....

circeseye
01-22-14, 01:42 PM
IIRC from memory

Skull?
Nick Cage was in his Eleanor (the 1965 Shelby Mustang?)
Mercedes
Low Rider (from Circeseye, couldn't remember the name, though I remember the song)
The Snake ?
Brick? Didn't they just smash the window of the dealership and get the keys?
not what cage was in but his brother silly. remember when cage got called in to help his brother and they had him in the camero getting crushed by the compactor

Clank [MM]
01-22-14, 02:02 PM
That was pretty good, " Go Baby Go " printed on the knob, I thought it was a blue Trans Am, could have been a Camaro. You got most of them.

circeseye
01-22-14, 02:21 PM
;71752']That was pretty good, " Go Baby Go " printed on the knob, I thought it was a blue Trans Am, could have been a Camaro. You got most of them.

camero, trans am, firebird all the same car back then. trans am had the fin in back with the full bird on hood, firebird had no fin like the camero but had a ugly bird on the hood, some not. but pretty much all parts were interchangable literally. just a little history lesson lol :P

pinhodecarlos
01-22-14, 02:58 PM
LifeMapper or DHEP.

Bok
01-22-14, 03:10 PM
But they aren't BOINC projects, so no join date ranks at all... I loved LifeMapper btw, one of my favorite projects, was never that keen on DHEP though. I finished 16th overall on LifeMapper. http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=users&proj=lm