PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Ohio!

Unkei
01-28-14, 01:06 PM
Would just like to say thanks for having me! I am a retired LEO, last 12 of 35 years as Plain Clothes Officer under Criminal Division. I enjoy photography and my wife and I just passed our Technichian Exam for Amateur Radio. I enjoy using SetiAtHome and hope I can contribute here!
Thanks again,
Unkei

Fire$torm
01-29-14, 12:43 PM
Hello and welcome aboard.

c303a
01-29-14, 01:58 PM
Welcome aboard. We're glad to have you here. Any questions, please ask as we have a lot of help around.

Duke of Buckingham
01-29-14, 04:49 PM
Welcome to our TEAM and to our Forum Unkei.
http://www.mutantfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/welcome-non-japanese.jpg

shiva
01-29-14, 08:55 PM
welcome Unkei
glad you have joined with us. we can use all the crunchers we can find. the forum makes it more than just crunching, lots of fun goes on here. once again welcome to the team.

Z-TAC
02-04-14, 09:42 PM
Hi Unkei

Welcome to the forum. I have a standing offer for new forum members to do 4 days of crunching with the credits going to you. For complete details, see http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?6436-Zorro-The-Anonymous-Cruncher&p=72385&viewfull=1#post72385

I hope you'll learn a lot and have fun in the team

Z-TAC
02-07-14, 04:14 PM
The first new qualifying team member will now receive 5 days of free crunching over the standard 4 days. It's a good way to earn a new badge or to rack up more points :)

DrPop
02-11-14, 02:11 AM
Hi Unkei, thanks for joining up with us and please come back and crunch with us often! :) I've got the book for studying the Ham radio stuff also, I just need to find time to do it and take the test! My buddy here has an extra mobile 2M radio he even wants to loan me once I get going on it.

Unkei
02-14-14, 12:20 PM
Hi Unkei, thanks for joining up with us and please come back and crunch with us often! :) I've got the book for studying the Ham radio stuff also, I just need to find time to do it and take the test! My buddy here has an extra mobile 2M radio he even wants to loan me once I get going on it.

Hi DrPop,
Thanks for the welcome! The Tech Test is easy! If you have an iPad and go to the App Store, Type in Ham Test and you'll see three apps by Roy Watson, one for the Tech Test, General Test, and Extra Test. They are free and the absolute easiest way to study for and pass the exams. They allow you to study all the correct answers, take sample quizzes and sample tests, giving you your score and allowing you to see what you missed and go back to see the correct answers for the missed questions. On the real exam you only need 26 right out of the 35 questions to pass. We used these apps.. I missed 4 and Deb only missed 1! I can't say enough good things about Mr Watson and these free iPad Apps. If you don't have an iPad, other online study guides and tests are available, but these Apps are the Best!
Good Luck,
Unkei