PDA

View Full Version : Newegg Offers New Annual Subscription Service "Newegg Premier"

zombie67
02-05-14, 03:33 PM
http://www.dailytech.com/Quick+Note+Newegg+Offers+New+Annual+Subscription+S ervice+Newegg+Premier/article34277.htm

John P. Myers
02-05-14, 04:25 PM
I just really don't see how i'd benefit from that, or how they can justify $50/year. Expedited shipping? For what? I live less than 90 minutes from their memphis warehouse. Bleh

Fire$torm
02-05-14, 04:45 PM
I've seen similar programs at other eTailer sites like Amazon. The reality is those that offer such programs are tying those that use it to their store. Think emotional/financial handcuffs. Your more likely to buy from them because of the desire to "Get Your Money's Worth". And when you consider the change in Newegg's pricing policy, as in high prices, then their potential for higher profits increases. Possibly significantly. The reality is the whole thing is a scam though legal it may be. Newegg might just become the new Fingerhut. Yikes!

STE\/E
02-05-14, 05:01 PM
I just really don't see how i'd benefit from that, or how they can justify $50/year. Expedited shipping? For what? I live less than 90 minutes from their memphis warehouse. Bleh

Well not everybody lives 90 Min's from their Memphis Warehouse :p so it might be a good deal for some but it's not something I would just run out & get right now. Many of their items have free shipping so if you can wait a few day's more to get an item your just wasting your money on the shipping part of the deal ...