PDA

View Full Version : Collatz: Variable Sized Wokunits & New CPU Applications

RSS
02-20-14, 04:03 PM
I have implemented BOINC's multi-size workunits which adjusts the size of the workunit to the speed of the processor. The workunits are all named solo_collatz but there will be 4 different sizes. The smallest will be the size of that the mini_collatz workunits used to be. The largest will remain the size of the original collatz and solo_collatz workunits or 8 times the size of the smallest. There are also intermediate sizes which are 25% and 50% of the size of the largest. You can think of it as mini, small, medium, and large or 100 billion, 200 bilion, 400 billion and 800 billion numbers per workunit. That also means that even though the workinit name is solo_collatz, the credit awarded is directly proportional to the work done. The mini workunit does 1/8th the work and is awarded 1/8th the credit.The smaller size workunits allows me to release non-OpenCL versions of the CPU applications which use a single core/processor per workunit just like the old mini_collatz CPU applications.Lastly, there still seems to be an issue with multiple venues and plan class choices. A fix will be put in place as soon as I figure out why it isn't working properly.

More... (http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/forum_thread.php?id=1129)