PDA

View Full Version : Free Laptop

Slicker
02-20-14, 11:59 PM
Zydor, an avid Collatz cruncher who resides in the UK, has a laptop that he is no longer using. He offered it to his team and there were no takers. So now, any of our UK or European members might be able to take advantage for the price of shipping.

Per his description:

It is a Sony VAIO VGN-51E Dual CPU notebook. It has a heap of extras with it - including bumped up memory and Discs, 2Gb Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo, spare power cable, a desktop docking station, a quality shoulder bag I used on Flights et al. it is UK power 240V. He __may__ have a travel power adapter which he used when in the US, otherwise it needs a UK 240v 3 pin male plug. Its fully licenced with Win7, and you can have the Windows licence number. You pay only shipping.

He recently added it to BOINC (no tasks yet) just so anyone interested can see that it crunches:

http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/show_host_detail.php?hostid=140268

Tank_Master
02-21-14, 01:11 AM
duke may be interested...

DrPop
02-21-14, 01:38 AM
duke may be interested...

That is very nice of this man to offer such a cruncher! Yeah, Duke, you should really see if you can use it! :)

Duke of Buckingham
02-21-14, 02:02 AM
:) I am interested but i have no idea how much is to shipp it to Portugal, we need to see that and the windows license is a must for me. Do you have the installation disk also?

Let us start by seeing the shipping Slicker ... :cool:

Slicker
02-21-14, 12:06 PM
:) I am interested but i have no idea how much is to shipp it to Portugal, we need to see that and the windows license is a must for me. Do you have the installation disk also?

Let us start by seeing the shipping Slicker ... :cool:

I told him you were interested and gave him your email address (hope that was OK) in case he needs to get your mailing address so the two of you can work it out. It definitely comes with a Win7 license and product key. I don't know if it comes with install media or not.

Duke of Buckingham
02-21-14, 01:18 PM
Thanks Slicker from the UK is much cheaper the shipping, I will wait for his message and then is only to crunch with it.\m/

conf
02-21-14, 02:34 PM
Shipping from US is about 50,- Euro as far as I was searching in the last days.
And everything beyond 150,- Euro has this 20% import tax.

Duke of Buckingham
02-21-14, 07:32 PM
:oThe shipping is from the UK conf. is Zydor aka David that is giving it and it will be on Collatz for a while because I know that was what he and Slicker wouldl like.

Thanks for the information my friend, I am sure it will be usefull sooner or later.:cool: