PDA

View Full Version : New GPU coming soon to my computer...

Justgeo1
02-25-14, 05:57 PM
I just got a new ASUS Radeon HD 6570 with 2GB and would like to know if that will work well for some of the GPU challenges we are running? Any thing I need to do to make it work better once it's installed? @-)

FourOh
02-25-14, 06:56 PM
I have a 1GB version of the 6570 on one of my home computers - it can generate about 100k/day on Moo, 90k/day on Collatz, or about 3500/day on Einstein. Not sure about DistRTgen, though I'm sure it will run. In my experience with this card, it's best to install Catalyst 13.4 first, then install the latest drivers over those. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

For the next couple of weeks while we are on CPU challenges, Moo would be good because it requires very little CPU and very little configuration. When the Einstein challenge starts 3/14, every gpu will help!

Duke of Buckingham
02-25-14, 07:47 PM
I have a 1GB version of the 6570 on one of my home computers - it can generate about 100k/day on Moo, 90k/day on Collatz, or about 3500/day on Einstein. Not sure about DistRTgen, though I'm sure it will run. In my experience with this card, it's best to install Catalyst 13.4 first, then install the latest drivers over those. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

For the next couple of weeks while we are on CPU challenges, Moo would be good because it requires very little CPU and very little configuration. When the Einstein challenge starts 3/14, every gpu will help!

I posted FourOh with bigger letters for you George and the best think I can do for you in here is tell you the history of the GPU.=))

Justgeo1
02-26-14, 11:07 PM
Thanks, folks! :)