PDA

View Full Version : gone

shiva
03-16-14, 06:47 PM
Well I was gone, just got back today. I left Saturday morning for Lawrence, Ks. We went to watch our granddaughter compete in the finales of the Poetry Out Loud State Contest. She was one of 6 to reach the finals for the state of Ks. She will not be going on to the Nationals, but I think she did well making it to the top 6 in the state. It was an interesting trip.

Al
03-16-14, 07:03 PM
Top 6 in the state is amazing. She and you have to be very proud.

Fire$torm
03-16-14, 08:37 PM
Big Congrats to your Granddaughter. Next year FTW!

DrPop
03-17-14, 04:58 AM
Sweet! Top 6 in the state? That's incredible, congratulations to her (and the PROUD Grandp!) ;)

rgathright
03-25-14, 04:25 PM
Well I was gone, just got back today. I left Saturday morning for Lawrence, Ks. We went to watch our granddaughter compete in the finales of the Poetry Out Loud State Contest. She was one of 6 to reach the finals for the state of Ks. She will not be going on to the Nationals, but I think she did well making it to the top 6 in the state. It was an interesting trip.
Actually? What did she read?

Sounds like a pleasant time, relaxing listening to poetry!

shiva
03-25-14, 05:28 PM
Actually it isn't a reading, it is a recital so it is all done from memory. Her 3 poems were Becoming a Redwood by Dana Gioia, Echo by Christina Rossetti and Medusa by Louise Bogan