PDA

View Full Version : Hdd filling up and erroring out wus

Al
04-01-14, 04:37 PM
So, this has happened twice over the last two days, on 2 different computers. I'm running Seti gpu and gerasim, SAT or NRG on the cpus. I'll notice that my wus are failing. I'll check the properties on the hdd and sure enough, it's got no free space left. I usually leave BM at default settings for reserved disk space and swap file. This problem seemed to occur right after upgrading to BM 7.2.42. Also, a simple reboot returns my disk space to normal, but reinitializes BM and sets all projects to accept new work. Any ideas?

Oh, I usually use 80gb hdds on my crunchers and they always run with 40gb free space, so something is weird, just not sure what is causing it.

Fire$torm
04-01-14, 06:09 PM
I remember reading something recently in which BM has a glitch that keeps writing junk to one of the log files until the drive runs out of space. Just don't recall where I read that.

Al
04-01-14, 06:42 PM
I'll look around tonight and see if I can find anything on it.

STE\/E
04-02-14, 03:02 AM
So, this has happened twice over the last two days, on 2 different computers. I'm running Seti gpu and gerasim, SAT or NRG on the cpus. I'll notice that my wus are failing. I'll check the properties on the hdd and sure enough, it's got no free space left. I usually leave BM at default settings for reserved disk space and swap file. This problem seemed to occur right after upgrading to BM 7.2.42. Also, a simple reboot returns my disk space to normal, but reinitializes BM and sets all projects to accept new work. Any ideas?

Oh, I usually use 80gb hdds on my crunchers and they always run with 40gb free space, so something is weird, just not sure what is causing it.

If your running some of the NCI Projects check the NCI Project Directories for excessive space usage, I know I've had to delete some of the left over garbage from some of the directories myself a few times. Some of the NCI Projects were taking up to 230-240 Gb's of space, there's 1 folder that leaves a lot of garbage behind some of the time ...

Bikermatt
04-02-14, 09:41 AM
Al this has happened on two of my machines over the last week which are running older versions of BM. One is running BM 7.2.33 and the other 7.0.64. I have run NRG but none of the other tasks that you have. I cannot remember what exactly was running at the time it happened though. I will pay more attention if it reoccurs.

rgathright
04-02-14, 10:25 AM
I had this happen to me this morning on one of my machines.

Al
04-02-14, 11:45 AM
Well, glad it isn't just me, but it means everyone needs to watch for this problem. It has not repeated itself here, but needs to be watched none the less.

rgathright
04-02-14, 12:25 PM
Something took up 162Gb of space on my machine, when i rebooted the computer the space was back again. The problem is that this caused several of my Asteroids@home work units to error out overnight. :mad:

Duke of Buckingham
04-02-14, 01:34 PM
I am crunchinng Asteroids, SAT, WCG, Primegrid, YAFU, WUProp and other Projects and besides errored tasks on NRG no more errors for me ... and I am running Mint from a 16GB pen. I searched and saw all different disk(sda) used and didnt find nothing.