PDA

View Full Version : Docking@Home: Project shutting down

zombie67
04-07-14, 09:27 PM
Get your goals quick!

http://docking.cis.udel.edu/about/project/news.php#285

Docking@Home is Retiring

April 07, 2014 17:05 EST

With a heavy heart, we are announcing the retirement of the Docking@Home project. Unfortunately, we no longer have the resources to maintain the project. Starting on April 30, 2014 Docking@Home will no longer be distributing new jobs but will continue to collect results. On May 23, 2014 the server will stop accepting results as the project enters retirement. We hope that you can use this time to point your workers to new VC projects. (here is a link to active BOINC projects).

Over the past 9 years we’ve had 98,512 Volunteers contribute computing power from 264,535 hosts. We have granted a total of 5,422,290,917 credits, which means our volunteers contributed roughly 159,398,584 Hours (18,196 years!) of computation. Back in Jan we made all of the result data public and we will keep that interface active. Thank you to everyone that made Docking@home a success over the years. It’s been fun! Please join us on the forums to share your best and worst story from the project.

Over the past few months we’ve been working on bringing the ExSciTecH (https://exscitech.org/) project to life. We hope that you will join us in our adventure on this new project. Feel free to stop by the ExSciTecH forums (https://exscitech.org/forum) and say “Hi”!.

Thanks for your support over the years!
The Docking@Home Team

denim
04-08-14, 02:33 PM
Oh wow. That is sad, I like Docking. :(

STE\/E
04-08-14, 04:28 PM
I'm having a hard time getting work from Docking, several of my Box's are just sitting Idle ...

Mumps
04-08-14, 04:47 PM
I apologize for that Ste\/e. :)

STE\/E
04-08-14, 05:01 PM
Yeah I bet, I'll just pull off Docking & hit something I can get work from ...

Al
04-08-14, 06:19 PM
They're starting to slither in now.

DrPop
04-08-14, 07:01 PM
They're starting to slither in now.

Good! Maybe their work generator picked up on the increased demand, and SteVe can go back to his grand slam there in a bit. :)

FourOh
04-09-14, 09:34 AM
Just signed up, but not getting many work units. I was hoping to put 32 threads on it and shoot for 5k hours before the work runs out, but doesn't look promising.

Anyone have a credits goal they are working towards that might be a close call? I could crunch credits for you and hours for me...

Bryan
04-09-14, 09:53 AM
I went NNW on 1 machine ... it has 892 WU in the pipeline. It'll take a week to process all of them.

Al
04-09-14, 02:03 PM
Interesting, my Xeon 5420s refuse to finish a wu. According to BoincTasks they are using no cpu. The have been running for over 16 hours. I've taken those 16 cores off of Docking and put them back on NRG.

@DrPop - your sister systems don't appear to have finished anything either. You may want to check them.

Edit: I'm trying it again. I detached and reattached. They seem to be running okay at this point, but BT is still showing no cpu usage. :confused: Task Manager does show them maxed out at 100%.

denim
04-10-14, 02:24 PM
I too have not been so lucky on getting WU's. Hey as long as our team mates are getting them, that is what matters.

Al
04-10-14, 03:11 PM
Interesting, my Xeon 5420s refuse to finish a wu. According to BoincTasks they are using no cpu. The have been running for over 16 hours. I've taken those 16 cores off of Docking and put them back on NRG.

@DrPop - your sister systems don't appear to have finished anything either. You may want to check them.

Edit: I'm trying it again. I detached and reattached. They seem to be running okay at this point, but BT is still showing no cpu usage. :confused: Task Manager does show them maxed out at 100%.

I tried detaching and reattaching. I let the next set run again. Started out pretty fast, then slowed. A couple finished, but no results of any type showed up at the Docking website. Also, BoincTasks history shows nothing for either of the Xeons regarding Docking...it's like the wus just vanished into thin air. Running Constellation on those Xeons now.

Bryan
04-10-14, 03:19 PM
...it's like the wus just vanished into thin air.

Stranger things have happened ... I can't think of any but I'm sure there are =))

FourOh
04-10-14, 03:57 PM
My Xeons started very slow... one or two WUs for the first several hours. At some point, they filled up and are happily crunching away.

Clank [MM]
04-22-14, 12:40 PM
Wow, I missed this boat. Can't get any WU's let alone hit a million. Keep pounding it guys, maybe we can move up a position.

Al
04-22-14, 04:04 PM
My Xeons started very slow... one or two WUs for the first several hours. At some point, they filled up and are happily crunching away.

Mine were too until they vanished and/or restarted. Keep an eye on them.

Clank [MM]
05-16-14, 01:03 PM
Should be my last day on Docking, whatever is left after today will time out. There are only 3 people left. Was not planning on being last. Hit a million and got 1st on my sign up date. Now on to bigger things.

c303a
05-16-14, 01:24 PM
I ended up being #5 on the team. Just didn't have enough horsepower to hold off the big guns.:D:D:D