PDA

View Full Version : Highest Paying CPU project....

Cappy
01-30-11, 06:13 PM
ok it used to be Aqua for time crunched to credits,,, is it still Aqua????

just asking,,,, want all my power (little that it is) going to the best

paying ones :)

THANK YOU in advance :)

joker
01-30-11, 06:15 PM
Im pretty sure it is AndrOINC now.

Cappy
01-30-11, 06:23 PM
but their closing shop right???? thats what i read,,, on the 31st this month,,, al;ong with DNETC ????

Maxwell
01-30-11, 06:26 PM
but their closing shop right???? thats what i read,,, on the 31st this month,,, al;ong with DNETC ????
They got some money in, so they aren't going to close.

Cappy
01-30-11, 06:40 PM
They got some money in, so they aren't going to close.

which 1 ,, Andronic or DNETC ?????

looking for a CPU higher paying then Aqua if there is 1,,,,

if Andronic is higher paying and thats the one your talking about then ill move my CPU's over there tonight.

joker
01-30-11, 06:45 PM
which 1 ,, Andronic or DNETC ?????

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it, neither one is closing up shop now.

GregK
01-30-11, 06:49 PM
i was told pg pps sieve

Cappy
01-30-11, 06:52 PM
;6251']i was told pg pps sieve

way to hot on the machines...... for me anyway...

Maxwell
01-30-11, 06:53 PM
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but as I understand it, neither one is closing up shop now.
Correct. They are run by the same people, so neither are closing.

Cappy
01-30-11, 07:00 PM
so MAX would you say ANdronic pays better for time crucned overall then Aqua... ?????

otyherwise ill have more at the end of the day then Aqua???? with Andronic

Cappy
01-30-11, 07:14 PM
come on need some help here lol,,, sleeping pills kickin in,,, running outa time..... have a very long 2 days coming up with this ice storm and want to get the machines set up now because i may not come home...

Maxwell
01-30-11, 07:17 PM
come on need some help here lol,,, sleeping pills kickin in,,, running outa time..... have a very long 2 days coming up with this ice storm and want to get the machines set up now because i may not come home...
They are going to be close. You can't really lose with either of them. AndrOINC ran really well on my machines the past few days, so that might be something to try now. But it's up to you...

Cappy
01-30-11, 07:20 PM
ok ill give it a shot for a few days :)

Zytozux
01-30-11, 07:25 PM
Primegrid PPS Sieve is paying the most right now. AndrOINC is a close second. AQUA is pretty close as well. Really if you run any of these 3 you're going to be getting a good deal. Until someone runs all 3 for a while and calculates some averages, there's no way to 100% know for sure.

Cappy
01-30-11, 07:58 PM
pg runs to hot for my house unless i start taking cores away....

why have them if i cany use all them :)

trigggl
01-30-11, 09:05 PM
Primegrid PPS Sieve is paying the most right now. AndrOINC is a close second. AQUA is pretty close as well. Really if you run any of these 3 you're going to be getting a good deal. Until someone runs all 3 for a while and calculates some averages, there's no way to 100% know for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is not all operating systems do as well on some projects. So, really this should specify an operating system. Androinc is about average on my Linux computer.

Zytozux
01-30-11, 09:09 PM
Yeah that's what I mean you'd have to account for 32bit/64bit, OS, AMD/INTEL, prolly even more things.

Beerdrinker
01-31-11, 02:16 AM
IF you have a x64 OS running on a X64 CPU - and you at the same time ONLY consider the credits...This is the Top 3 ATM:

1. PG
2. Androic
3. Aqua

Since Androic is a fairly new project and their apps are not that proven, I would put my money in either PG or Aqua, if I were leaving pc´s unattented for a period.

Cappy
01-31-11, 04:03 AM
all 64bit ,machines, no 32 bit

Teratoma
02-01-11, 10:23 PM
Good to see you Cap!

I really think you should give PG PPS Sieve a try. I run it on all kinds of boxes and have not had a heat problem. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought it was the LLR tasks that ran hotter. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I think you'll like Androinc, so you won't go wrong there, but PG pays very well. Especially for a 64bit OS.

Cappy
02-02-11, 04:31 PM
WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZIPPPPPPPPPPPP Terra my BRATHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya im back ,,,, not in full force but back..... wont be at full force for awhile yet...

some machines still down,,,, plus theres the power issue and the CASH to take

care of that to lol..... but for now im back at 40% or so :)

Hope all has been well for you :) and ill be around :)

-GER-
02-02-11, 04:39 PM
I've found Androinc pays better on machines with real cores vs threads. Win7*64

On most projects my i7 2.8G threads out perform my 2G cores but not on Androinc.
I read somewhere that well written assembly coded projects don't run as well with threads as there is very little idle time.

Good crunching, -Ger-

Maxwell
02-02-11, 04:44 PM
I've found Androinc pays better on machines with real cores vs threads. Win7*64
I've seen the same thing. Woohoo!!!

Cappy
02-02-11, 05:11 PM
ok well i went over to PG and figured id give it alittle lovin but having a problem with the

ATI card :( here is the error message im getting for the wu..

Stderr output
<core_client_version>6.10.58</core_client_version>
<![CDATA[
<message>
There are no child processes to wait for. (0x80) - exit code 128 (0x80)
</message>
]]>

i have NO IDEA what this is or why :( but anyway ill be given it some love with the cpu's untill i can find out why my wu's are erroring out..... card is not over clocked.

Cappy
02-02-11, 05:48 PM
well figured it out,,,,, you need the Driver set with the OpenCL drivers in order to run PG on the ATI cards and i guess nVidia also from what i read....

but all is working now so thats good :)

Teratoma
02-02-11, 05:55 PM
You can always select not to get ATI GPU tasks in your PG preferences. I have boxes that only run PG on the CPU and use the GPU for MW or DNETC.

Cappy
02-02-11, 05:57 PM
ya i know,,, just wana see what the GPU does on it :) they didnt have a GPU app when i left :)

Fire$torm
02-02-11, 06:03 PM
Oh never mind, you figured it out :-bd

denim
02-10-11, 12:52 PM
This works out well, I just happen to already be on that PG sub project and fired up a brand new machine last night. :)