PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Radar
05-03-14, 12:08 PM
Just signed up for Team SETI.USA, thanks for having me.

Radar

John P. Myers
05-03-14, 03:46 PM
Hello and welcome. Glad to have you with us :)

Z-TAC
05-03-14, 09:25 PM
Yippee!! Welcome. Don't be shy about asking questions.

Al
05-03-14, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the Team Radar! Just in time for the Pentathlon.

Duke of Buckingham
05-04-14, 12:00 AM
Hi Radar
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3O673ndrhyY/UBM2Sh_scUI/AAAAAAAAAAM/gTFbnPxwl2E/s1600/welcome.jpg

c303a
05-04-14, 10:12 AM
Welcome and don't be a stranger. If you need any help let us know as we have a lot of friendly expert help around. Also let us know what you are running.

Fire$torm
05-04-14, 03:10 PM
Aloha Radar and welcome to the forums.

myshortpencil
05-04-14, 04:07 PM
Hey Radar. If you need to know which nut cases to avoid on the forum, just PM me. :)

Duke of Buckingham
05-04-14, 04:56 PM
Traitor. :(

Slicker
05-04-14, 08:07 PM
Traitor. :(

So, Duke, are you admitting you are a nut case? :p They say that when in a 12-step program that admitting your problem is the first step!

Duke of Buckingham
05-04-14, 08:12 PM
So, Duke, are you admitting you are a nut case? :p They say that when in a 12-step program that admitting your problem is the first step!

Most of the normal people are on mental institutes, we the nuts are all outside.8-} I am one of them. \m/

myshortpencil
05-04-14, 08:20 PM
Most of the normal people are on mental institutes, we the nuts are all outside.8-} I am one of them. \m/

Duke. This is not the outside. You're on the inside. Remember. :-??

Duke of Buckingham
05-04-14, 08:22 PM
Duke. This is not the outside. You're on the inside. Remember. :-??

That is for my own protection.~X(

Radar
05-06-14, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! How do I go about putting seti.usa as my team in the screen saver?

Thanks
Radar

cineon_lut
05-07-14, 02:59 AM
Hi @Radar. I assume you mean joining SUSA for a given project in BOINC, correct?

You'd go onto your account at the project's website, there's a button in BOINC Manager to do that, or you can navigate a browser manually. Go to your account, and find the pane titled "Community." In there, should be an option to find a team or join a team. Follow the prompts, and find SETI.USA. Once you find that, you'll read the description of the team, and click on the link beneath our description that says "Join this team"

Hope that helps!

finalfugue
05-07-14, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! How do I go about putting seti.usa as my team in the screen saver?

Thanks
Radar

Hi Radar! I assume you mean the visualization provided by the project is not showing your team name? Join our team following Cineon's instructions. Then Update the project (select it and click update in the BOINC manager, or it will do this automatically the next time BOINC communicates with the project, which is fairly often). If the project has the ability to pull the team data and display it while running the screensaver visualization it will do so automatically. Most projects with visualizations can do this, I believe. At least I remember seeing "finalfugue of SETI.USA" on several projects with the screensaver. At least in the halcyon days before things got all crazy competitive and I disabled the screensaver forever to scrounge precious hertz.

shiva
05-07-14, 10:24 PM
Hello Radar welcome to the team good to see you here.