PDA

View Full Version : World Community Grid: Behind the Scenes: The story behind our new look

RSS
05-06-14, 12:44 PM
In the first of our 'Behind the Scenes' series, which will give members insight into the workings of World Community Grid, IBM designer Rodrigo Cardoso discusses the motivations and rationale behind the program's new look, including our new logo.

More... (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/about_us/viewNewsArticle.do?articleId=359)

denim
05-09-14, 10:07 AM
Interesting read, seems like they spent a lot of time on the website and logo.

pinhodecarlos
05-09-14, 11:00 AM
Interesting read, seems like they spent a lot of time on the website and logo.

....instead of publishing papers. That's a good strategy, like the one in the lab I am studying[-X. A scientific group is recognized by the patents and papers published not for the marketing on their new webpage and logo. Sorry but they are really stupid.

denim
05-09-14, 11:31 AM
....instead of publishing papers. That's a good strategy, like the one in the lab I am studying[-X. A scientific group is recognized by the patents and papers published not for the marketing on their new webpage and logo. Sorry but they are really stupid.

You picked up on my sarcasm. Shame they have so many inactive sub-projects.

zombie67
05-09-14, 08:52 PM
Guys, WCG are not scientists. They are just a non-profit service provider for other people who are the scientists.

pinhodecarlos
05-09-14, 09:24 PM
Guys, WCG are not scientists. They are just a non-profit service provider for other people who are the scientists.

Academically that's even worst.

Fire$torm
05-11-14, 04:44 PM

Academically that's even worst.

As far as IBM is concerned, it's all about "Image". Yes, IBM is doing good works but it's still PR, though the most helpful kind of PR. So it's a win-win.