PDA

View Full Version : LHC@Home (SixTrack): Status, 19th May, 2014

RSS
05-19-14, 04:16 PM
Getting a lot of work done, but out of 400,000 WUs over the last seven daysstill have about 8000 errors (2% and decreasing I think). The main problemis EXIT_TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED but also "Can't create process". A side effect isa mess up with credits. I have increased the fpops bound to help, I hope, andtoday "reset credit statistics". Please be patient about credits and I shall seewhat happens and if we can compensate somehow.Unfortunately today I discovered a result difference, only one, but I need todo more checking. I see no invalid results so the former Linux/Windoesdiscrepancy is largely resolved. My priority is the integrity of the resultsand I may have to spend some days pinning down the result difference,checking various ifort versions, and doing more checks and tests.We have a macOS executable under test.Thank you for your patience, understanding and support. Eric.(P.S. Getting correct identical results on any PC from a Pentium 3to the latest, with a multitude of versions of Linux, Windows and macOSis not easy! I can publish only when the LHC@home service is > 99%.Afterwards GPU, Android, and 10 million turns)

More... (http://lhcathomeclassic.cern.ch/sixtrack/forum_thread.php?id=3837)