PDA

View Full Version : Do Atlas WUs ever end?

Maxwell
05-31-14, 12:20 PM
I have a handful of Atlas WUs at 100%, using no CPU, and have been sitting there like this for a full day now. Should I let them finish, or abort them and write it off as a tax on crunching new projects?

zombie67
05-31-14, 12:39 PM
I abort after 2 days. But most are taking only 1/2 day now for me.

Maxwell
05-31-14, 04:24 PM
I abort after 2 days. But most are taking only 1/2 day now for me.
Thanks - I just killed the ones that are right at two days. Time to work on other MMs...

Duke of Buckingham
05-31-14, 05:19 PM
Too much of everything

STE\/E
06-05-14, 04:09 PM
I have 4 running that are at 24 Hr's each, once they reach 25 Hr's for 100 Hr's total I'll abort them so I'll get another App @ Wu Prop at least. I won't bother running the Project again though ...

zombie67
06-10-14, 12:54 AM
The question now is: Can anyone get more than four tasks to run at a time? I have an 8 thread machine, 8 tasks downloaded, only 4 running, 4 idle threads.

Maxwell
06-10-14, 04:23 PM
On two machines, I can't even get them to run - on the third machine, they run, but never end. On the one where they never ended, I would have six going at once, but that was a 6 AMD core machine with 6 threads.

What is your setup that allows you to actually complete the WUs and get credit for them? Do you have some sort of VM installed?

zombie67
06-10-14, 08:18 PM
Atlas is like test4theory. The tasks run inside a VM. So you need to have vbox installed. You don't need to have a VM built or anything. It creates its own VM ad hoc.

Maxwell
06-11-14, 01:10 AM
That's what I thought - thanks! I mean, with the plethora of information they have on the site... :p

Maxwell
06-15-14, 02:09 AM
The question now is: Can anyone get more than four tasks to run at a time? I have an 8 thread machine, 8 tasks downloaded, only 4 running, 4 idle threads.
I upgraded to the most recent version of BOINC + VM software. Once I did this, I got Atlas WUs to complete (yay!). Though only four are running on an i7 8 thread/4 core Win7x64 machine, my other threads aren't idle; they're being used by Beal and BU.

Maxwell
07-01-14, 07:49 PM
Not to revive a dying thread, but I tried running it again, and I've got 3 WUs stuck at 100% again. I gave it another shot after all the changes, and was hoping they'd go through. My 3 WUs are up over 25 hours each now, and have been at 100% for at least the last 8 hours. Anyone else having this problem?

[On a side note, could this be moved to the new Atlast subforum, please?]

zombie67
07-01-14, 08:20 PM
See the news announcements at their web site.

Fire$torm
07-04-14, 01:29 PM
[On a side note, could this be moved to the new Atlast subforum, please?]

By your command... >-)

Shandia
07-29-14, 06:59 AM
Not to revive a dying thread, but I tried running it again, and I've got 3 WUs stuck at 100% again. I gave it another shot after all the changes, and was hoping they'd go through. My 3 WUs are up over 25 hours each now, and have been at 100% for at least the last 8 hours. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm so glad to see it's not just me. There is a comment about virtualbox and a few other comments that reflect other issues. Really nothing mentioned about why all my wu's are all erroring out when reported. I'm going to try the project on something that is NOT a laptop to see what happens. My core I7 has the most updated version of virtualbox instead of the recommended version so no telling how things will fall.

Maxwell
07-29-14, 11:12 AM
I'm so glad to see it's not just me. There is a comment about virtualbox and a few other comments that reflect other issues. Really nothing mentioned about why all my wu's are all erroring out when reported. I'm going to try the project on something that is NOT a laptop to see what happens. My core I7 has the most updated version of virtualbox instead of the recommended version so no telling how things will fall.
I've actually been running it fine of late. It's slow and doesn't pay all that well, but it does run and finish. This is Win7x64, recommended BOINC/VB. Haven't had the "stuck" WUs problem since that last post.