PDA

View Full Version : Sargies little tower that could...Code name "Little Boy"

Sarge104
05-31-14, 04:29 PM
Unlike the server tower this mini HP tower is not going to offer much in the way of firepower any way I configure it. I will try and throw in my old AMD quad core processor if I can but that will depend if I am able to fit the old board in there as well. If I manage to fit in the 550W power supply in the case I might try and put a low power GPU in there as well.

Will get some pictures up of "Little Boy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy)" before I start the tear down process and experimentation. Hope to have them up before the end of the weekend.

As was stated before I'm trying to get a bit of CPU fire power under my belt so I can actually contribute to multiple projects at once. The wife only shot me a mild glare when I purchased the power supplies so I think I'm good to go! :))

Sarge104
05-31-14, 08:12 PM
Additional info:

HP Pavilion A000
Monster 330 Intel Celeron D Processor!
A huge 512MB PC2700 memory chip!
80 GB Hard drive
A SWEET PCI MODEM CARD!
250W Power supply

Most likely going to yank out everything but the Hard drive.

Sarge104
05-31-14, 08:33 PM
Ugh, case is just too small for the old mother board I had for the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, will see what the LCS has this week or just see what Newegg has.

Sarge104
05-31-14, 09:11 PM
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 HDMI USB 3.0 uATX AMD Motherboard

Just an idea if I want to throw the PhenomII in there and save the server case for a better cpu/motherboard setup.