PDA

View Full Version : Does SETI still suck?

Maxwell
06-03-14, 11:53 PM
I couldn't think of a better way to phrase that, though I'll attempt one more.

I'd like to move some of the CPU projects out there to at least 2.5 million, so I can chase some MM stats. Is it worthwhile for me to attempt that with SETI, or would I be just as effective punching myself in the junk and drinking beer?

zombie67
06-04-14, 12:17 AM
If you use the optimized GPU apps, then yes, otherwise, no.

If windows, then use the magic installer (Otherwise go to the lunatics site and do it all manually). And then run multiples to max out the load on your GPUs.

http://www.arkayn.us/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9b10b7271446ac228a13a864238031 d9&

Edit: My response was not clear at all. I was responding to "Is it worthwhile for me to attempt that with SETI?" If you use the opt apps for GPU, then yes, it is okay to run. Otherwise AVOID.

cineon_lut
06-04-14, 12:27 AM
Astropulse isn't half bad if you need to hit some goals. I was looking for green men just before the enigma challenge in an effort to get some wuprop goals and a mm on S@H. Optis work for many, although I had bad luck with them on my nvidias. Ymmv.

Vic (mobile)

DrBackJack
06-04-14, 02:49 AM
The only thing about seti I remember is lots of your wu's stay pending for a long time.
But it all rolls in sooner or later.

denim
06-04-14, 09:58 AM
I peck away at it little by little for nostalgia mostly, plus it is my lowest team ranking project.

Bryan
06-04-14, 10:20 AM
it is my lowest team ranking project.

My team rank is 694 ... there may be a little room for improvement there :))

FourOh
06-04-14, 10:32 AM
I've been running Astropulse for the past few days, working on 5000 WUprop hours. From what I understand, AP units are created from the same data as the Multibeam, but at lower quantities. So AP supply runs out before a new batch is created. In addition to the risk of running out of work, AP also runs longer and takes longer to validate. But, I think the pay is relatively equal per hour. If it's points you're after, run both subprojects or stick with Multibeam (Seti V7), and definitely use the Opti apps.

And yes, it still sucks.

Shadowlurker
07-22-14, 11:16 PM
I've had 2 machines running SETI since January, have added about 6M. So yes, it still sucks

Maxwell
07-22-14, 11:58 PM
I've had 2 machines running SETI since January, have added about 6M. So yes, it still sucks
I've had it running on a couple slow machines, and boy does it ever. Even with Opti-apps...

cineon_lut
07-23-14, 02:42 AM
10 million credits and 50,000 hours, nice round MMs for me. I think SETI and I may take some time off from each other. Unless someone says were going to chase after GPUUG. Then it's on! :D

Vic (mobile)

Shadowlurker
07-23-14, 11:45 AM
10 million credits and 50,000 hours, nice round MMs for me. I think SETI and I may take some time off from each other. Unless someone says were going to chase after GPUUG. Then it's on! :D

Vic (mobile)

Yeah, I am probably going to stop running it once I hit 10M