PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife@Home: new validator up and going

RSS
06-07-14, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone,I've been running the new validator manually and it's gone over quite a few videos now. Please take a look at things and let me know if any of the validation is strange. I'm using the following strategy:For 2 observers:____if all events have a match, then I mark them valid and award credit and events____if any don't match, i get a observations from a third viewerFor 3-4 observers:____if all events have a match, then I mark them valid and award credit and events____if there are events without a matches:________if the user with the most marked events has all their events match other events, then I mark events valid with matches, and invalid if they don't have a match and award credit________otherwise I get another viewFor 5 observers:____same as 4, except instead of getting a view I mark events that have matches valid, award credit, and mark the video as NO_CONSENSUSBasically, I want to make sure all events are flagged, so if one user has 3 events, and others have 2 events, then the one with 3 might have seen something the other two didn't so it's worth getting another view. For an event to be marked valid, it needs to match at least one other users event.This isn't really perfect, but I think with allowing people to adjust their events and submit videos for re-validation it should be enough to do the trick. Let me know how it's working and what you think.After I'm done going through all the videos pending validation by hand, I'll start working on updating the validator so when you flag a video for revalidation through the review videos page, it'll re-run them through the validator.--Travis

More... (http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/forum_thread.php?id=597)