PDA

View Full Version : gpu not working

aux9o
06-12-14, 11:16 PM
I just installed another Nivida card but only one is working in bonic. I don't know much about it but I added a cc_config.xml which I think i did right. I had this in it
<cc_config>
<options>
<use_all_gpus>1</use_all_gpus>
</options>
</cc_config>

I don't have a clue what im doing so any help would help!

Thanks

aux9o
06-12-14, 11:42 PM
I got it was putting in wrong folder!!!

Maxwell
06-13-14, 01:17 AM
I'd love to say I'd never done that, but then I'd be lying... multiple times over.

Fire$torm
06-13-14, 10:39 AM
I'd love to say I'd never done that, but then I'd be lying... multiple times over.

Ditto *sigh*

Sarge104
06-13-14, 01:20 PM

T-shirts and Jackets are in the mail for our little club, very exclusive club mind you. :D

My issue is making a text file with windows 7 text editor will not read for some reason. So I have to clone then copy and past my info from one working (xml) file to the next.

Bryan
06-13-14, 03:02 PM
Then there is the story about the guy who moved his 7970s off of Bit Utopia last night and then this morning decided to run Einstein with them. 2 worked great but a 3rd one would run for a while and then stop crunching. Stop/start BOINC and it would come up and crunch for 20 minutes and then stop. So drop the clocks ... same thing. Change the driver ... same thing.

Did you know there is a box in BOINC that needs to be checked to allow the GPU to crunch while the computer is in use? =)) =))

What I don't understand is that that machine doesn't have a monitor, KB, or mouse but something is making it think that the computer is being used ... go figure.

Anyway it is working fine now.

Mumps
06-13-14, 03:06 PM
I wonder if that USB ASIC is making windows think there's some UI interaction going on using the USB Bus...

Bryan
06-13-14, 03:34 PM
I wonder if that USB ASIC is making windows think there's some UI interaction going on using the USB Bus...

That is what I expect is going on. I have 4 machines running with the Antminer and GPUs active. The only 1 that had a problem was the machine that didn't have that box checked and I've never had a problem with it before. So the only HW change has been the addition of the ASIC.

aux9o
06-14-14, 10:37 AM
well I am having another problem. I noticed that now that I have both cards working the work is takes almost twice as long for each card to complete. So I look in EVGA Precision and notice that my GTX760 is only running at 535mhz but in gpuz im slowing it over clocked to 1075mhz. Same thing with my GTX570hd it is only running at 405mhz but gpuz is showing it at 750mhz. I can't figure it out!

aux9o
06-14-14, 10:46 AM
Well I guess a system reboot fix's some problems! Seems to be working right now. Still dunno what caused the issue.