PDA

View Full Version : New post not showing..

Beerdrinker
02-02-11, 02:12 PM
Hey there..

I got a sligth problem...

When I hit forums and then "new posts", I then get moved to "whatīs new? and I get presented to a 5 page long list of new posts....Itīs very hard to track where and who posted what...

Anyone else have seen this??

Mr. Hankey
02-02-11, 02:53 PM
Yes, I changed the way the forum keeps track of unread threads. Before it used to have a quick time out and you would miss many threads and updates. Now they stay unread until you actually read them or click on the mark forums read link. what this means is that you have not been keeping up on your forum reading!

Beerdrinker
02-02-11, 03:56 PM
Yes, I changed the way the forum keeps track of unread threads. Before it used to have a quick time out and you would miss many threads and updates. Now they stay unread until you actually read them or click on the mark forums read link. what this means is that you have not been keeping up on your forum reading!

OK. That made sense to me...

So I have to do one of 2 thing:

1. Read more

2. Delete more (and thereby increase my chance for "missing something")

Correct?

Mr. Hankey
02-02-11, 04:38 PM
OK. That made sense to me...

So I have to do one of 2 thing:

1. Read more

2. Delete more (and thereby increase my chance for "missing something")

Correct?

More or less correct, but in the old way you didn't know you were missing something. At least now you can make the decision that you don't want to read a thread.

Maxwell
02-02-11, 04:40 PM
Well, once you've gone through and read everything you want to, you can go under the "Forum Actions" button and click "Mark Forums Read" so that not everything shows up. Once you do that, it will seem like you've read everything, so only posts you haven't read that were posted after you last hit that button will show up.

Beerdrinker
02-02-11, 04:47 PM
This is like teaching a really old dog some new tricks....Takes a while..:)