PDA

View Full Version : which one of these is my real cpu temp

dave c
06-18-14, 02:14 AM
which reading is correct?
the monitoring softwar that came with the mobo matches the cputin reading , and the case/mb reading matches

but cpuid hw monitor shows a third temp not sure which temp that is
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/Untitled_zpsf6ec990f.png
my cpu has a max 24/7 temp of 62*c and im trying to keep it away from that

if the right temp is infact cpu package temp them im well in the clear

and of course the manual that came with my mobo doesnt state

Maxwell
06-18-14, 02:41 AM
I seem to recall back in the day that the three columns went "current temp, lowest temp, highest temp" or something like that. Is that right, or am I way off base?

John P. Myers
06-18-14, 02:42 AM
Well, if it helps, the one that says 128C means there's no sensor to read from at that location, or it's just confused so it reports gibberish. If anything was actually 128C, your computer would've quit working awhile go.

dave c
06-18-14, 02:50 AM
I seem to recall back in the day that the three columns went "current temp, lowest temp, highest temp" or something like that. Is that right, or am I way off base?

that is correct

im trying to figure out what cputin is measuring and what the temp reading under the cpu tab is reading
cputin varies between 57-61*c
and package under the cpu tab varies from 40-48*c

dave c
06-18-14, 02:56 AM
ok according to this im good

In HWMonitor, the temp under the motherboard section is your socket temp, or how hot the area immediately surrounding you CPU is. Anything under 75C there is good to go--70C under load is a nice place to sit.

The temp under the processor section is your core temp, or the temperature of the processor itself as reported by the processor. Anything under 60C at load is good there so you've got some overclocking headroom yet.

E-30
06-30-14, 11:17 PM
Yea man your good now

dave c
07-01-14, 02:48 AM
Yea man your good now

yup ive got her dialed in pretty good now had it running at 4.7ghz but had to back it down to 4.6ghz but shes been stable as a rock so far, im hoping to get a lil more out f it when i switch to a new mobo