PDA

View Full Version : Team forum stalling

Fire$torm
06-29-14, 06:37 PM
Anyone besides me having issues with the forum loading pages?

F$

pinhodecarlos
06-29-14, 07:01 PM
Anyone besides me having issues with the forum loading pages?

F$

Yep.

Bok
06-29-14, 07:23 PM
yeah, my net connection is acting up today, roll on the GBps connection later this summer!!

Mike029
06-29-14, 08:08 PM
I was having an issue but all is well now.

Justgeo1
06-29-14, 11:04 PM
Had a problem yesterday afternoon for about an hour, but it's been ok since then. I assumed it was an issue with the stuff between the forums and my machine... A few times it took over 5 minutes for a page to load, today it's almost instant!

Duke of Buckingham
06-29-14, 11:53 PM
I always have problems with the forum but I have more problems with my ex-wives.

Fire$torm
06-30-14, 03:22 PM
Having the issue again today. And I forgot to mention that it's also affecting Free-DC in the same way. Bok, I hope your ISP gets this straightened out soon.

John P. Myers
07-02-14, 05:53 PM
With us trying to be the first team to 100B and with all the changes going on at BU which would get us there, this is really the worst possible time for the bandwidth to be dropping out :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Bok
07-02-14, 06:07 PM
I'm at the mercy of my ISP at the moment until the Gigabit speeds come along. If you all wish to find a different option, perhaps move the forum to a dedicated paid for server,or to amazon or something I'll understand and won't be upset.

Duke of Buckingham
07-02-14, 08:15 PM
I'm at the mercy of my ISP at the moment until the Gigabit speeds come along. If you all wish to find a different option, perhaps move the forum to a dedicated paid for server,or to amazon or something I'll understand and won't be upset.

Can you solve the problems with my ex-wives also Bok. It was good if I could hang them up for a long while. :D

Bok
07-03-14, 11:00 AM
ISP is out here today, been a number of complaints, so hopefully fixed up today.

Fire$torm
07-04-14, 01:23 PM
No worries Bok unless our forums become a burden to your server, then we would be compelled to acquire an alternative solution.

Btw, what kind of hardware setup and data connection is required to support forums such as we have? Minimum, average and ideal configurations?

Bok
07-04-14, 01:57 PM
No burden at all really.

A typical vBulletin forum doesn't take up much. This one is using up around 1/2Gb total right now. Bandwidth, well totally depends on how many users. Considering I'm getting an increase in up speeds of a factor of x200 in the near future I think it'll cope as long as it's reliable.

Fire$torm
07-04-14, 02:02 PM
Cool! Thanks again for the great support!