PDA

View Full Version : Just stopped by to say "Hey"

Christine&Rusty
07-06-14, 07:55 PM
I' Rusty, and my beautiful wife's name is Christine. I started to do seti@home in late 2003, but with life being what it was I didn't always have a PC available and didn't really do much seti until last year. After I unwillingly got retired my wife told me I should get a hobby. I didn't catch a fish for a year, and went every day, so I decide to try resurrecting dead PC's and it soon became an overwhelming task. Spare parts down to left hand threaded screws, fill's an entire room, and the lunch counter/dinning room are toast too. On Christmas 5 or 6 years ago I had 14 of them ready to take to veterans who didn't have PC's including a few laptops. I have a picture of them stacked on the counter and floor somewhere around here. I know what it's like to not have one
I can't remember where that is but a 17 inch monitor for a Toshiba P-305 D? Bottom shelf, middle case east wall....get it? I got to thinking last year that I should put them to use and stress test them before they leave.
(Light bulb goes on above head)
seti@home !!!!!!
So that's what we do. Now that you know we are here please don't write on me with a sharpie if you find me asleep at the key board :rolleyes:

Rusty and Chris

Mike029
07-06-14, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the boards!!! Awesome story.. \m/ Take a look around and if you need anything just ask. Glad to have you here.

Fire$torm
07-07-14, 08:20 AM
Hello and welcome to our forums. Thanks for sharing. Good stuff there!

Duke of Buckingham
07-07-14, 09:16 AM
Hey Christine&Rusty
http://www.nightingale.norfolk.sch.uk/norfolk/primary/nfs/web/welcome_sign.gif

Justgeo1
07-07-14, 04:51 PM
Refurbishing old PC's can end up being a full time job... I don't have any records of when I started crunching seti@home but my current run is ok for just one machine (well one at a time anyway). I do lots if different projects these days, so jump on to any project that look interesting to you! It's all still fun! :)

c303a
07-07-14, 05:40 PM
Welcome and don't be a stranger.