zombie67
07-20-14, 05:31 PM
Has anyone heard from Slicker?

EmSti
07-20-14, 08:28 PM
Just looking for info myself. Just noticed collatz was out to lunch

Shandia
07-20-14, 09:20 PM
Collatz has been going out to lunch a lot lately. Or maybe it's just gone fishing. ;)

Duke of Buckingham
07-21-14, 01:40 AM
No, slicker is not in here.
http://i1.wp.com/drpfconsults.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/searching-computer.png

zombie67
07-21-14, 08:35 AM
Collatz is back up now.

Slicker
07-22-14, 06:29 PM
It hasn't been a good couple of weeks, that's for sure. Besides not getting any sleep due to the new puppy, the Collatz server hung after doing backups and the database wouldn't go back into multi-user mode. Then the gigabit switch hung this past weekend.

Mike029
07-22-14, 06:36 PM
It hasn't been a good couple of weeks, that's for sure. Besides not getting any sleep due to the new puppy, the Collatz server hung after doing backups and the database wouldn't go back into multi-user mode. Then the gigabit switch hung this past weekend.

Let's get the important stuff out of the way, Whats the new pups name?

EmSti
07-22-14, 06:39 PM
New puppies are great, except for the maintenance. Best thing we ever did is switch to kennel training. Made it so much easier after the puppy gets through the first few nights. Hardest thing is not responding to the puppy until morning, so it gets use to the routine and does not get use to you coming every time it calls.

Robert7
08-07-14, 06:03 AM
Project is down many hours. Any news from Collatz?

BTW, why in FDC/BS the project is all time "online"?

Slicker
08-07-14, 10:05 PM
If you see that message and it isn't between midnight and 2am CST, please PM me or send me an email directly at Jon at The Sonntags Dot Com. For whatever reason, that happens when the system attempts to do the nightly backup and MySQL hangs. Everything checks out so I can only figure that there is some type of race condition but I haven't been able to identify it. I've even considered migrating to MariaDB to see if that would make a difference. The logs show nothing and the disk and DB check out. Why couldn't BOINC have used a real DBMS?