PDA

View Full Version : Reverting ASIC driver back to original?

YoDude9999
07-19-14, 03:24 PM
I assume this is really a Windoz issue but I wanted to try dabbling in personal mining to see if there's really any money to be made.
I downloaded Easy Miner and installed it with success, but it doesn't see any devices. I assume this is because my BFL 60s has been running BU and so the original driver was replaced with the driver installer software as per BU instructions.

The ASIC shows up in the control panel as a serial port. I tried uninstalling the driver with the ASIC unplugged and was hoping that when I plugged it back in again, Win would again see the box with it's original driver, but, not so. As it turns out, uninstalling the driver and rebooting the system without the BFL plugged in causes Win to just reinstall the serial port driver again anyway, hmm.

I haven't yet tried plugging the ASIC into a different USB port to see what happens, which will be my next step, but I'd like to know how to undo the driver for that particular USB port.

TIA for any help.

STE\/E
07-20-14, 06:20 AM
Interesting, keep us informed on how it goes will you ...

zombie67
07-20-14, 11:06 AM
I thought I saw instructions on the web site for that app, on how to uninstall.

YoDude9999
07-20-14, 02:09 PM
Ok, well I tried plugging the ASIC into a different USB port and sure enough the zadig installer sees it as the original driver on that USB port. So, that means, don't install the WinUSB driver and just exit zadig without doing anything.

So I fire up easy miner and it sees a device at that point. I start it mining and everything is looking good, for about the first 2.5 minutes. After that the program seems to stop responding, like it's hung or something, yet it's still kind of alive but doesn't update anything. So, I end up using taskman to kill the thing and restart it again. Same thing happens again.

I go look on their forum and there's LOTS of complaints about this apparent issue. One guy posed the query of whether or not it's supposed to run that way or not and there was no response. I give it another try and this time, just let it run for a while. After stopping at around 2.5 minutes as it had previously and letting it continue to run, some time later, I look and it's updated the mining time from 2.5 mins to about 30 minutes. Ok, so I'm thinking it just doesn't update very often. Later on, I see its updated again to something around 3 hours and that was it. Never updated again after running for quite some time after.

One thing I've found through all this is, there's no real clear and concise instructions on how to setup anything. Everything is very general information. "Bitcoin Mining is easy and anyone can do it", is BS. Yeah people are doing it but it ain't that easy.

YoDude9999
07-20-14, 02:24 PM
I thought I saw instructions on the web site for that app, on how to uninstall.

After you mentioned it, I went back to look, sure enough, there it is. Thanks. Apparently, I needed to go into USB devices and uninstall from there instead of the serial port itself.