08-06-14, 03:06 AM
Windows, doors and cameras are now your enemies :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FKXOucXB4a8

dave c
08-06-14, 08:58 AM
arent they doing something similar by bouncing light or a laser etc off glass

Fire$torm
08-06-14, 08:42 PM
yep and they have been doing it for years. The main difference here is any object that resonates to audio essentially becomes a tape recorder. And said audio can be listened to at any time. Whereas, lasers are real time only devices.

zombie67
08-06-14, 08:59 PM
A watched society is a obedient society. Ask anyone who lived in east germany.

Edit: And our government's ability (and willingness) to do so is so much greater now.

Edit2: That's right, I said the US feds are MORE willing (eager) to surveil us...than the damn Stasi!

Mumps
08-06-14, 10:14 PM
This makes me think of the scene in Eagle Eye where the computer "listens in" on the conversation about her in the sealed White House room by watching water ripples on the coffee cup, etc.

dave c
08-06-14, 11:59 PM
A watched society is a obedient society. Ask anyone who lived in east germany.

Edit: And our government's ability (and willingness) to do so is so much greater now.

Edit2: That's right, I said the US feds are MORE willing (eager) to surveil us...than the damn Stasi!

going to be a bad day if they ever decide to take our guns away, there going to have hell trying to get mine

zombie67
08-07-14, 12:22 AM
The number of guns per citizen in this country is damn high. And that's a good thing, IMO. But a gun or three against the government is nothing. You need the masses coordinated to be effective. And how would you communicate to your compatriots without the government knowing? This is all rhetorical of course. The point is that the government doesn't need to actually worry about us sheep, because we can't do anything about it. They have made so many laws, that we are doing something illegal all the time. So when any one becomes too much trouble, there is an easy justification to "fix" it. We have lost control of our "servants".

dave c
08-07-14, 12:37 AM
The number of guns per citizen in this country is damn high. And that's a good thing, IMO. But a gun or three against the government is nothing. You need the masses coordinated to be effective. And how would you communicate to your compatriots without the government knowing? This is all rhetorical of course. The point is that the government doesn't need to actually worry about us sheep, because we can't do anything about it. They have made so many laws, that we are doing something illegal all the time. So when any one becomes too much trouble, there is an easy justification to "fix" it. We have lost control of our "servants".

ur right but its not going to stop ppl from trying to stand against something like that , were im at guns out number ppl lol, our law enforcement here said they would not enforce any bans ( with the whole rifle and mag ban thing was going on a while back)
alot of ppl need to take a good look around and see whats actually going on

Duke of Buckingham
08-07-14, 12:40 AM
We have lost control of everything long time ago.

We have lost control of the banks.
We have lost control of the elections.
We have lost control of our representatives.
We have lost control of the government.
We have lost control of the police.
Etcetera , etcetera , etcetera

We are very worried about our differences and don't notice what we have in common like our freedom, we are very busy fighting each other and that is a good way to become a slave, in fact we don't know what is important and so will lose it all.

Slicker
08-07-14, 10:24 PM
going to be a bad day if they ever decide to take our guns away, there going to have hell trying to get mine

I always laugh when they talk about some people have huge caches of ammo for their guns. Consider this: 22 long range (LR) comes in boxes of 100 that costs ~ $10. Two boxes makes you a monster since they think a few hundred shells is an arsenal. (They go really fast when plinking pop cans and you try to keep the can moving between shots.) Anyway, if I have 20 rounds per gun and also have 20 rounds of various types of shotgun shells (TT, T, 4, and 6) as well as a box of 500 pellets for an air rifle (which is considered a firearm in IL) and a couple boxes of 22 shells, then I'd easily have over 1,000 rounds of ammo making me seem like an extremist if you watched the news when in reality, I just have a small reasonable amount of ammo for each weapon.

Remember people: Guns don't kill people. They kill dinner. ;-)

dave c
08-08-14, 07:35 AM
I always laugh when they talk about some people have huge caches of ammo for their guns. Consider this: 22 long range (LR) comes in boxes of 100 that costs ~ $10. Two boxes makes you a monster since they think a few hundred shells is an arsenal. (They go really fast when plinking pop cans and you try to keep the can moving between shots.) Anyway, if I have 20 rounds per gun and also have 20 rounds of various types of shotgun shells (TT, T, 4, and 6) as well as a box of 500 pellets for an air rifle (which is considered a firearm in IL) and a couple boxes of 22 shells, then I'd easily have over 1,000 rounds of ammo making me seem like an extremist if you watched the news when in reality, I just have a small reasonable amount of ammo for each weapon.

Remember people: Guns don't kill people. They kill dinner. ;-)

its not just ammo , u can be connsidered the same if u have more food storage for more then a week now , i.e canned or long lasting food goods.
hell me and the wife will blow threw 600+ rounds everytime we goto the range , though we dont go as frequently as we used to anymore due to the cost of ammo and reloading supplies in general
heres a very small stash of our ammo
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/ready4zombies.jpg
a single can full of .45 acp
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/IMG_20110426_130302.jpg
45 at 25 yards dont mind the .22lr holes in the target
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/lethalrides2k3/45_20yardsMedium.jpg

all our neighbors say if anything happens the first place they are comming is our place lmao

zombie67
08-08-14, 09:27 AM
its not just ammo , u can be connsidered the same if u have more food storage for more then a week now , i.e canned or long lasting food goods.

I guess all the mormons are considered terrorists now...

dave c
08-08-14, 10:13 AM
I guess all the mormons are considered terrorists now...
pretty much my entire state lol, though im not mormon

Sarge104
08-08-14, 12:35 PM
Personal experience has already broken the illusion of personal privacy for me. I have yet to train the wife though, had to stop her a couple of times from bragging about when we where leaving on vacation on facebook of all things...!

Any pictures you put on the internet are findable. Any emails you send can be accessed long into the future after you thought they were deleted. Your phone is a personal data trove for anyone that has the time and inclination. All that being said its not too hard to stop telling everyone in the world what you are doing every minute of the day, try it, step away from the computer and have an actual conversation with another human. Most of them are morons but there are still a few intelligent people out there ;)

Mumps
08-08-14, 08:34 PM
My sister in law was just talking to me last week about how impressed she is with the Face-book facial recognition these days.

"See? I just took this picture of the girls and posted it to my facebook account and it automatically tagged them all with their names! I didn't even have to tell it!"

"And what about that sneak picture you took of me?"

"I posted it, but it didn't tag it."

"Yeah, because that's the first picture of me to ever make it to FaceBook!"

:))

Fire$torm
08-09-14, 01:25 AM
Facebook is EVIL!

Shandia
08-09-14, 01:43 AM
I have to wonder how good Facebook really is. I "may" have one pic on it from when I was just an ugly duckling. I may try to upload another one of those types.......or maybe not. Don't want them to be able to tag my younger self until I get plastic surgery and assume another personality. *giggle*

Bryan
08-09-14, 02:18 AM
Most of them are morons but there are still a few intelligent people out there ;)

Personally I prefer to talk to myself. Always an intelligent conversation and there are seldom any arguments =))

Duke of Buckingham
08-09-14, 02:34 AM
The Paranoid's Guide to Facebook
By Logan Kugler, PCWorld

http://images.pcworld.com/howto/graphics/210859-xxx_donotuse2_original.jpg

Over half a billion people use Facebook around the world. It is the single largest phenomenon of human connection in history, not to mention the biggest thing ever to hit the Web, and a source of enjoyment for millions. But it's becoming more and more of a love-hate relationship. We love using Facebook and other online social networks, but we hate the ever-increasing privacy and security concerns.

Those concerns about privacy on Facebook have caught the attention of the U.S. Government: Congress recently sent Facebook an open letter asking the company to explain the disclosure of user identities to third parties (as originally reported by the Wall Street Journal), and how the company plans to address this issue. James Clarke, senior consumer technology analyst at Mintel International, makes very clear ...

More on http://www.pcworld.com/article/210859/the_paranoids_guide_to_facebook.html