PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife@Home: [dna,subsetsum] account linking available

RSS
08-09-14, 08:30 PM
I've created a page for linking your DNA@Home and SubsetSum@Home accounts here: http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/csg/link_accounts.php Your accounts need to have the same email address on here and the account you wish to link to. After you've linked accounts, any credit you generate for DNA@Home or SubsetSum@Home work units will be added to the project on those accounts. If you don't have an account there, your account here will be used to generate credit there. From here on out, all the work units for Wildlife@Home, SubsetSum@Home and DNA@Home will be generated using the Citizen Science Grid scheduler, so you'll need to add it to BOINC manager: http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/csg Let me know if you have any problems!

More... (http://volunteer.cs.und.edu/wildlife/forum_thread.php?id=623)

Fire$torm
08-10-14, 02:47 AM
So, MM chasers lose all their accomplishments?

Maxwell
08-10-14, 12:02 PM
So, MM chasers lose all their accomplishments?
The opposite, I believe. There was a bit of a backlash, so they have a new project that will handle all the BOINC scheduling, but all credit will go to the original three projects. You just have to "link" your account so they know where to give the credit.

zombie67
08-10-14, 01:39 PM
Right.

Fire$torm
08-11-14, 04:14 PM
Ahhh, okay then. That's a horse of a different color.

trigggl
08-12-14, 10:33 AM
Mine failed to link. That's frustrating.

EDIT: never mind. I hit the refresh and now it says it was successful.

EDIT2: SO...If I have 100K in 2 of them and 50K in the 3rd, I get 250K in all of them? Hopefully the linking was successful and I'll find out soon.

Mumps
08-12-14, 02:01 PM
If I remember and understood his proposed solution right, you'll keep your 100K, 100K and 50K, and will have 250K on the Citizen Science Grid Project, but Citizen Science will never export BOINC Stats, so you'll never get a MM for it.

trigggl
08-12-14, 04:11 PM
If I remember and understood his proposed solution right, you'll keep your 100K, 100K and 50K, and will have 250K on the Citizen Science Grid Project, but Citizen Science will never export BOINC Stats, so you'll never get a MM for it.

Sounds like a complete waste of time, then.

Mumps
08-12-14, 05:34 PM
Well, it gets him a centralized place to admnister from, so he doesn't need to monitor 4 forums, as well as allowing him to spin up more projects all under that same umbrella. I think he's launched like 6 different projects through his career. And it will allow you to run multiple projects as though they were one, while keeping the credits allocated to the sub-projects you ran. So not really a bad thing I guess.

Fire$torm
08-13-14, 10:38 AM
Well, it gets him a centralized place to admnister from, so he doesn't need to monitor 4 forums, as well as allowing him to spin up more projects all under that same umbrella. I think he's launched like 6 different projects through his career. And it will allow you to run multiple projects as though they were one, while keeping the credits allocated to the sub-projects you ran. So not really a bad thing I guess.

So his new setup is similar to PrimeGrid's?