PDA

View Full Version : WUProp: Did you know...

Maxwell
08-22-14, 07:47 PM
... that the hours system is coded as (for example): "hours > 1000" and not "hours >= 1000"?

I just learned this fact.

I have exactly 1000.00 hours on solocollatz. And WUProp sees that as a "gold" project still, and it hasn't turned ruby yet. I find this fact weirdly hilarious.

That's all. You may move on now. :p

myshortpencil
08-22-14, 08:46 PM
I veered 3 light years off course for this! x-( You must be related to Nilz Baris, Federation under-secretary of agriculture, who uses priority 1 distress calls to have in-person conversations! :)

Maxwell
08-22-14, 09:48 PM
I veered 3 light years off course for this! x-( You must be related to Nilz Baris, Federation under-secretary of agriculture, who uses priority 1 distress calls to have in-person conversations! :)
Sorry... Didn't mean to cause alarm. Just found this little tidbit of information fascinating. Plus, I had to brag that that, across all those WUs I've finished. I managed to get exactly 1000.00 hours. Like a boss.

<insert_sheepish_grin>

John P. Myers
08-22-14, 11:35 PM
I doubt you could do that again if you tried :D

BTW i've taken your advice to heart and am about 1 swig away from being legally drunk lol I impress myself on my typing abilities in this condition. Extremely rare condition for me. While i'm feeling wonderful though, i think i'll put a 750W PSU in a loldell Pentium 4 system just to see what i can get away with afterwards...

Bryan
08-23-14, 12:09 AM
Sorry... Didn't mean to cause alarm. Just found this little tidbit of information fascinating. Plus, I had to brag that that, across all those WUs I've finished. I managed to get exactly 1000.00 hours. Like a boss.

<insert_sheepish_grin>

Hey maybe BOK could do a special award for 1000.00 hour exactly :D

Maxwell
08-23-14, 12:29 AM
I kinda wish I weren't finishing up these WUs... that would be a hell of a record.

BTW i've taken your advice to heart and am about 1 swig away from being legally drunk lol I impress myself on my typing abilities in this condition. Extremely rare condition for me. While i'm feeling wonderful though, i think i'll put a 750W PSU in a loldell Pentium 4 system just to see what i can get away with afterwards...
That's funny... I find I do better computer work when I have a few drinks in me. Dead sober might cause me to throw a screwdriver through a wall, but with a couple drinks, suddenly I have the patience of a monk.

And no, there's not a shot in hell i could do that again.

cineon_lut
08-23-14, 03:38 AM

Yeah he could call it a Maxwell after the guy...oh wait...never mind

Vic (mobile)

cineon_lut
08-23-14, 03:39 AM

BTW i've taken your advice to heart and am about 1 swig away from being legally drunk lol I impress myself on my typing abilities in this condition. .

Imma tryna catch up

Vic (mobile)

Maxwell
12-09-14, 08:30 PM
Here's another fun fact about WUProp hours: They accumulate much faster if your machines are actually on and running BOINC. Based on today's experience, WUProp hours came to a standstill with my machines off due to a power surge...

shiva
03-29-15, 09:45 AM
hmmm I just got my 6th star, I didn't even know you could do that. :)

Mumps
03-29-15, 11:55 AM
Please see also:

http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?4671-Badge-Thread-Only-!!!&p=94573#post94573

:D