PDA

View Full Version : MW apps messing up for anyone else?

DrPop
02-09-11, 01:58 PM
Kat's computer is so slow running MW right now, you can't even surf the 'net due to lag. If I turn MW off, and have it crunch DNETC, everything goes back to normal.

Never had this happen before with MW. Have the OPTI_APP running, so 2 WUs at a time. Something fishy is going on, because after about 8min run time, it only shows 2% completed! Usually this rig can bust out 2 WUs in less than 6min, I think.

Anyone else getting these kind of symptoms today? Should I try resetting or detach and re-attach?

Harley
02-09-11, 02:05 PM
Kat's computer is so slow running MW right now, you can't even surf the 'net due to lag. If I turn MW off, and have it crunch DNETC, everything goes back to normal.

Never had this happen before with MW. Have the OPTI_APP running, so 2 WUs at a time. Something fishy is going on, because after about 8min run time, it only shows 2% completed! Usually this rig can bust out 2 WUs in less than 6min, I think.

Anyone else getting these kind of symptoms today? Should I try resetting or detach and re-attach?

Right now the feeder server is down so I'm not getting any wu's. There have been new longer wu"s for the past day. They pay between 1100 and 1300 credits. I haven't had any problems but I don't run the opti app. Maybe that is where the problem is.

Fire$torm
02-09-11, 03:19 PM
Right now the feeder server is down so I'm not getting any wu's. There have been new longer wu"s for the past day. They pay between 1100 and 1300 credits. I haven't had any problems but I don't run the opti app. Maybe that is where the problem is.

I have the same problem. I tried zeroing out long term debts using the cc_config switch. Then I made a fubar error and reset the project but I forgot to make sure I had uploaded completed wu's and lost about 18 of those puppies. :(( Somebody just shoot me now...... please.

DrPop
02-09-11, 03:36 PM
OK, thanks guys. I just aborted the WUs she had, then detached and re-attached, so there is no opti-app now. We'll see if that works better for these long WUs.

Mike029
03-10-11, 03:52 PM
OK, thanks guys. I just aborted the WUs she had, then detached and re-attached, so there is no opti-app now. We'll see if that works better for these long WUs.

You ever get this working? I've been trying to get the opti app working all day without success. :mad: I can crunch normal but no opti app.

Fire$torm
03-10-11, 07:05 PM
You ever get this working? I've been trying to get the opti app working all day without success. :mad: I can crunch normal but no opti app.

The project admins usually make the opti apps the standard downloaded from the project. So just get it from them and add your custom opti_app.xml file to the project folder.

Crazybob
03-10-11, 10:07 PM
I've noticed increased lag time on my systems, but they seem? to be running OK.

Fire$torm
03-11-11, 01:57 AM
I've noticed increased lag time on my systems, but they seem? to be running OK.

If you are referring to lag in mouse/keyboard response then nothing is wrong. Its the side effect of using an optimized GPU app since the app is using more of your GPU resources. There are options you can set in the opti app to reduce the effect but not eliminate it.