PDA

View Full Version : Best short term project for Boinc in Windows.

trigggl
02-12-11, 11:51 AM
I'm getting ready to do my taxes with TurboTax. Since TurboTax seems to be going out of their way to make sure it won't work with Wine in Linux, I need to boot into the micro-Windows install I have specifically for that purpose. While I'm doing my taxes, I have no idea how long that will take, I would like to crunch something in windows with short tasks.

Anyone have any quick suggestions? I plan on starting within a couple of hours.

Zytozux
02-12-11, 11:58 AM
SIMAP, pretty good credits and they only last about an hour.

Maxwell
02-12-11, 12:26 PM
CAS's WUs aren't too long, and would help you get another Trigggl. AlmereGrid's last for about 20 minutes.

trigggl
02-12-11, 12:37 PM
CAS's WUs aren't too long, and would help you get another Trigggl. AlmereGrid's last for about 20 minutes.
I am already working on CAS, so it's not a bad idea. I was also looking at Spinhenge, since they look really short, really bad credits, though. I'll probably want to concentrate with 2 dual cores when I go after that one.

Looks like I'll do CAS. I already have 10k in SIMAP. Not a bad suggestion, though.

zombie67
02-12-11, 01:26 PM
eOn?

blah blah blah blah

trigggl
02-12-11, 04:07 PM
Well, the point is moot. My windows install no longer works and hosed my boot sector. I'm just now getting back into my normal OS after figuring out I had to fdisk my sda1 partition to change it back to linux. grub couldn't figure out what to do with it until I fixed that.

To make a long, frustrating technical story short, nevermind this entire thread.

vaio
02-12-11, 04:40 PM
Chess 960 if you can get work.

trigggl
02-12-11, 09:06 PM
Chess 960 if you can get work.

New account creation is closed.