PDA

View Full Version : Projects Counting for Formula BOINC 2015

Maxwell
12-03-14, 08:25 PM
Anyone have a good sense of what active projects are likely to be excluded from FB this next year? I'm getting close to starting to work on my 500k milestones, but I want to work on projects that will NOT count towards FB while in December (e.g., I've turned a GPU to Albert, as I know that one is not going to be included).

What else is going to be excluded? Here is my list so far:

- Albert
- Ralph
- SETI Beta

Mumps
12-03-14, 09:08 PM
Well, this year, they didn't even bother considering any projects that weren't already included in the list from 2013. I can understand not adding new projects in the middle of the year, but come-on, not adding projects that have been around and somewhat stable for a year now? That's pathetically lazy! :)

zombie67
12-03-14, 11:12 PM
Who from our team is on the FB steering committee? We need to make sure that any 2014 projects are included.

Mumps
12-03-14, 11:22 PM
I think you just volunteered yourself zombie67! Congrats! Please see Bryan. :))

zombie67
12-03-14, 11:35 PM
Fine, I will participate, so long as it isn't in this week or next.

Bryan
12-04-14, 12:04 AM
I had a PM inviting me to be a member of the 2015 FB Steering Committee. I am inclined to accept that invitation, however, if there are objections I will step aside ... and with no hard feelings.

The link they provided says that each of the major teams are allowed 2 representatives. IIRC we had 2 representatives by the names of Lewis and Clark (:D) but I don't know who those 2 individuals are or if they are interested in continuing to serve on the committee.

If you are interested then please send me a PM.

If you would prefer that someone other than myself be one of those members then either post it here or PM me as well or both.

Maxwell started an excellent thread. I would suggest that everyone take a look at last year's project list and come up with projects you would like to see killed. Also give a list of projects you would like to see added. Personally I would say that projects that rarely have work should not be on the FB project list.

Maxwell
12-04-14, 09:19 AM
Goodness... I didn't realize what I had started. But I like where it's gone. Here's my thoughts:

Remove:
Correlizer
Donate
FreeHAL
SimOne
Subset
Sudoku
Superlink
VGTU [Note this row and above all had 0 credits issued in 2014.]
Wildlife (now under CSG)
DistRTgen (dead)

Add:
Bitcoin
CSG
Universe
Beal (if it comes back up, currently down)
Atlas
BOINC@FiiT

Also, I'm in full support of you being on the steering committee, Bryan.

Bryan
12-04-14, 09:41 AM
I haven't run Atlas but isn't that the one where everyone was complaining that WU never finish?

One I'd put on the list is FIND ... the old Fight Malaria is rebranded and back up. I looked at it last night and it appears that it will pay pretty well ... especially on Linux.

zombie67
12-04-14, 09:48 AM
FIIT is the one that never finish.

ATLAS barfs if you run too many at once.

Maxwell
12-15-14, 05:20 PM
Anyone heard anything about FB 2015? Just trying to figure out crunching plans for the rest of December, so I thought I'd ask.

Bryan
12-15-14, 09:26 PM
Not yet

Duke of Buckingham
04-05-15, 01:37 PM
I should have posted Phil PM in here. :( So here it goes:

Dear Friends,

As I cannot post on your forum, would you please be so kind to share this information with your teamates ?

Thank You :)

Philippe

This short message to advise you that SRBase and Universe@Home have been added to the FB :)

Best Regards,

Phil1966