PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista x86/x64 OEM/RTM

Fire$torm
12-12-14, 11:04 PM
Hey team, I need some help with a lappy I'm redoing for my niece. Specifically, an ISO of Vista Home Premium. I have a valid license but no install disk. the lappy runs Win7 x64 but most of the drivers won't install properly.

Can anyone help?

John P. Myers
12-13-14, 04:46 AM
Closest thing i have to that is Vista Ultimate 64bit. Close enough or too much additional junk for a laptop to drudge through?

Maxwell
12-13-14, 03:57 PM
Only Vista I have is one of those proprietary CDs for Toshiba...

Fire$torm
12-13-14, 04:19 PM
Hmmmm.... Thx guys for responding.

IIRC the Vista installer is similar to Win7 in that all versions are part of the disk, just locked out. My slipstreaming util has a feature to unlock that. I'll give the Ultimate version a try.

So JPM can you UL to something like copy.com and PM me the link?

John P. Myers
12-13-14, 07:00 PM
Sure. Give me a bit to find it. Haven't used it in 6 years so it should be right over....there?

Sarge104
12-17-14, 11:47 AM
Sorry for responding late. Zombie, if you still need a ISO or even just a physical disk I believe I have one handy if you still need it.

Bryan
12-17-14, 01:13 PM
You can download the iso from Digital River who distributes MS as part of their distribution channel.

HERE (http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links?highlight=WyJ2aXN0YSIsImhvbWUiLCJwcmVtaXVtIi widmlzdGEgaG9tZSIsInZpc3RhIGhvbWUgcHJlbWl1bSIsImhv bWUgcHJlbWl1bSJd)

These are the "trial" versions that will expire after 30 days. Since you have the key you can activate them. I downloaded a Win7 version 2 days ago and then activated it and it worked great.

zombie67
12-17-14, 07:30 PM
Sorry for responding late. Zombie, if you still need a ISO or even just a physical disk I believe I have one handy if you still need it.

Me? Nope. I think that was F$ who needed it.

John P. Myers
12-17-14, 09:14 PM
Glad you guys have other solutions to F$'s problem. I'm having trouble finding all my old install discs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sarge104
12-18-14, 11:13 AM
Me? Nope. I think that was F$ who needed it.

Sorry, was breezing through the forums at work and got distracted by the Avatar...;)

Its kind of a game, how many windows can the work computer handle before slowing to a crawl...:))

Fire$torm
12-20-14, 05:51 PM
Sorry, was breezing through the forums at work and got distracted by the Avatar...;)

Its kind of a game, how many windows can the work computer handle before slowing to a crawl...:))

Hahahahahaaa...

Hey Sarge, a physical disk really isn't necessary as I install Windows from a thumb drive. So an ISO image of the disk is fine. Only issue is finding a cloud provider offering enough space (for free of course) to upload the image to. Luckily, there are a few like Copy.com & Sync.com. Google Drive might also offer enough space.

So any chance you could do it that way?

John P. Myers
01-04-15, 11:58 AM
Finally found my XP install discs while looking for my funnel. Still need one F$? Looks like i have 5 of them i can part with. Would prefer to send you one rather than upload it. I can't remember for certain, but they might be *cough* special *cough*. Also they're XP Pro.

Edit: Oh wait, you needed Vista. Yeah found that too, since they were all in the same folder. I know for a fact it's *cough* special *cough* :p But it is Vista Ultimate.

Fire$torm
01-04-15, 04:01 PM
...Edit: Oh wait, you needed Vista. Yeah found that too, since they were all in the same folder. I know for a fact it's *cough* special *cough* :p But it is Vista Ultimate.

Hmmm... Like heck yeah.

Many MANY thx JPM!!! I'll PM ya for more details.

Sarge104
01-04-15, 04:33 PM
Hmmm... Like heck yeah.

Many MANY thx JPM!!! I'll PM ya for more details.

Sorry I missed your response on the 20th Firestorm, it looks like you got taken care of though. I did manage to find my Vista Disk but it is home addition not the "*cough*special*cough*" edition that JP has. Hope you get things handled.