PDA

View Full Version : Hello all - Old timer checking back in !

KevinT
01-20-15, 10:02 PM
Hello - and hi.

I have been gone for far too long. I think I heard that from a movie :)

Just started crunching again, but don't think i will be as active as I once was. Many changes - and never enough cash now days.

see you all around..

Bryan
01-20-15, 10:28 PM
Dang Kevin, it does my heart good to hear from you. As you said; "It HAS been far too long". I hope you are doing well and we all are looking forward to you being an active member of this team once again. The credits don't matter ... never have and never will! Just being a member of the team is all that matters.

I am SO glad that you've returned!

KevinT
01-20-15, 10:53 PM
funny shows my start date jan 20th 2015 :) hahaha - i remember being with the team when we stomped seti.germany . in seti, then when we took overall #1 - some found memories there.!!

For all that don't know me, i joined back in .. well i don't know when i first joined back in 2003 or 2204 i think. -- . i think we had like 50 members or so, and was WAY down in the ranks - :) but started doing SETI in 1998, long before BOINC.

Fought many credit battles - and helped win some wars..

Held several #1 spots till i was forced to give it all up. I have not checked stats or such, but think i should still be up in the top ranks for most #1's across all projects.

Now i am just going to be a leisurely cruncher till my ship comes in :)

shiva
01-20-15, 10:58 PM
hi Kevin glad to hear from you again. you have been too long gone. will be great to see you crunching again. numbers don't matter just great to see you back.

Cruncher Pete
01-20-15, 11:00 PM
Well, well well. A name from the past. i am happy for you that you were able to battle those demons and your health is such that you can come back and pursue your hobby. Welcome back Kevin.

Mumps
01-20-15, 11:22 PM
Gimme a great big "Woop! Woop!" KevinT's in da house! Welcome back!

Maxwell
01-20-15, 11:55 PM
Hooray! Kevint is back! Glad to see you around these boards again!

History lesson for those who don't know Kevint: Assuming my memory hasn't failed me, Kevint was the first person to hit 1B in any single project. That's still a damn impressive milestone now, and (literally) unheard of when he did it.

Duke of Buckingham
01-21-15, 12:40 AM
Welcome Back KevinT
http://magickalgraphics.com/Graphics/Friendship/WelcomeBack/welcomeback25.gif

shiva
01-21-15, 07:36 AM
Hooray! Kevint is back! Glad to see you around these boards again!

History lesson for those who don't know Kevint: Assuming my memory hasn't failed me, Kevint was the first person to hit 1B in any single project. That's still a damn impressive milestone now, and (literally) unheard of when he did it.A little more on this Kevin made the 100 million mark in Milky Way on May 5 2009 and is still in 9th place overall on Milky Way. He also has 94 top 1000 ranks, 59 top 100 ranks, and 27 top 10 ranks. Not so bad for someone hat hasn't crunched for 4 or so years.

cineon_lut
01-21-15, 04:53 PM
Welcome! I'm a n00b to the team on these terms, but I look forward to having you crunching on the team…again!

Dave gpu
01-21-15, 07:42 PM
Hi Kevin Welcome back, great to be crunching with you.

All the best Dave GPU:cool:

John P. Myers
01-21-15, 09:58 PM
Welcome back Kevint! I remember you from back then, though i wasn't on the team too long before you left, but it's great seeing familiar names return.

Crunch on!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Justgeo1
01-21-15, 10:47 PM
I remember crunching SETI@HOME many years ago... I was a member of the team before the server switch and joined on this site when I tried to get back on the old site... I love this team and I'm happy to see another "old timer' rejoin out ranks! :)

DrPop
01-22-15, 03:29 AM
So awesome to see you back, Kevin. :) Please don't ever worry about what or how much you crunch - even a small Android app on your phone works these days - it's just GREAT to have you back on the team and well enough to type out "Hello World" to all of us!

KevinT
01-22-15, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!! Its good to be back and with a great team. I have done some traveling of the world, pushed past some personal and health crap. Met a terrific gal that lives in the Philippines and working on her immigration papers. Hope to be able to bring her back before the end of the year. I'm back in Utah and working for the "man" again, something that i never thought would happen again since i have been self employed for the past 18 years. Its odd to have to not be the big boss anymore, I sort of like it. However, i am a manager of a team of 9, and i have become somewhat of a slave driver :) ...

I have not done much researching new projects to attack, suggestions? I put up an old Q6800 with 3 GPU on PrimeG to get my feet wet. and have 3 more boxes ill be building over the next couple days since i have this weekend off. Nothing fancy or new, just from some parts i had laying around. I still have a few old GPU's laying around that are needing to feel the heat.

Maxwell
01-22-15, 02:00 PM
I have not done much researching new projects to attack, suggestions? I put up an old Q6800 with 3 GPU on PrimeG to get my feet wet. and have 3 more boxes ill be building over the next couple days since i have this weekend off. Nothing fancy or new, just from some parts i had laying around. I still have a few old GPU's laying around that are needing to feel the heat.
Two suggestions for CPU projects:

Numberfields. You have crunched ~400 credits there, and it pays well. Would be a quick project to start working on your milestones again.
Universe (http://universeathometest.info/universe/). We're in a challenge right now on that one, and it also pays pretty well (better in Linux).

GPU:
Moowrap. You've crunched it, but haven't pushed it super high.
Bitcoin Utopia (http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/). Credits are super high on ASIC devices, but their GPU app pays well. And until we get you some mondo credits on BU, the GPU app should get your feet wet. The "sgminer" apps are the ones you want to select for ATI/AMD cards.

WUProp:
The big development with WUProp is that they have a badge for the number of hours you commit to specific apps. It's a heck of a lot of fun to chase.

Al
01-22-15, 02:04 PM
Kevin, Great to have you back. I'm a noob by comparison to what you've done for this Team. It will be a pleasure to watch you go back to work regardless of the credit you put up.

What GPUS and we can give you a better idea on where to direct them.

Sphynx - aka just Al

c303a
01-22-15, 04:03 PM
Welcome back. I also remember you from before. It's good to see people coming back to the boards as well as the Team.

trigggl
01-22-15, 04:51 PM
Kevin,
Welcome back. Glad to hear your health is doing better.

zombie67
01-22-15, 09:11 PM
GPU:
Moowrap. You've crunched it, but haven't pushed it super high.
Bitcoin Utopia (http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/). Credits are super high on ASIC devices, but their GPU app pays well. And until we get you some mondo credits on BU, the GPU app should get your feet wet. The "sgminer" apps are the ones you want to select for ATI/AMD cards.

We need to get the man some antminers stat! Surely someone has some lying around?!

Mumps
01-23-15, 12:42 AM
If he wants to run 'em, I think my benefactors wouldn't mind my shipping him a handful, right?

Interested KevinT?

Bryan
01-23-15, 12:44 AM
I know one benefactor that would be ecstatic. :D

zombie67
01-23-15, 01:09 AM
Hell. My memory is so shit, I can't remember who I shipped what to who. If any of those are from me, send some.

shiva
01-23-15, 07:47 AM
you mean they still work

Mumps
01-23-15, 10:35 AM
So, far, I only managed to kill the 10 GH/s BFL device zombie67 sent me. All the Ant's are still chugging along quite happily.