PDA

View Full Version : FREE DC

shiva
04-15-15, 12:58 PM
looks like FREE DC is down due to a PS, just made a donation to help with the PS. :)

Bok
04-15-15, 01:39 PM
Thanks. I've got it back and running through a stats iteration right now. Dropped in an older PSU. I'll switch the website back in a couple of hours. stats6 is available.

Hopefully will have a new server later this week or early next week. I know I need a PSU for that anyway, just don;t know what specs. Plus a good case as it's an eATX board with 2 3.4Ghz xeon chips in it. Plus 72Gb Ram and 6-8 drives... All donated from one person over at Free-DC.

I also have the R900 that was donated but initial tests with it were actually a little disappointing. Memory bandwidth is just too slow plus the thing is way too loud.

c303a
04-15-15, 01:51 PM
Small donation made. Hope you can get it set up to your specs.

Shandia
10-30-15, 08:26 AM
Uh oh......some of you may of noticed Free-DC is having issues the last day or so. Today it's much worse. Not sure what's up. Boincstats is working so if you monitor your stuff, daily, use it for a few. I'm sure Bok is on top of things today.

Bok
10-30-15, 08:28 AM
It's up and running as far as I know? What problems are you seeing ? There was a power blip yesterday and I stopped the updates for a few hours while running some sanity checks, but it only out for a few mins or so.

This forum is on the same webserver.

Shandia
10-30-15, 08:34 AM
Combined stats was having issues reporting yesterday. Today on combined, I'm not on a team with no updates. 0 up 17. I'm sure the others are seeing similar. Mumps confirmed the problem yesterday.

Bryan
10-30-15, 08:43 AM
Like Shandia said, I see my combined score and the MMs are correct but there is no project listings at all and I'm not assigned to a team.

Bok
10-30-15, 08:44 AM
Ah, I see a corrupt team table on one of the databases. I'll fix that now, the other one is ok, so perhaps I was only looking when it was on DB1, not DB2

shiva
11-07-15, 06:08 PM
anyone else having trouble loading FreeDC taking forever here and some times not ever loading.

Bryan
11-07-15, 08:26 PM
anyone else having trouble loading FreeDC taking forever here and some times not ever loading.

I'm not having any trouble and I've been using it quite a bit over the past 1 1/2 hours looking at different teams/projects for Formula Boinc planning.

I was having problems with that up until about 2 months ago when I installed Adblocker Plus :D

shiva
11-07-15, 08:50 PM
hmmm did a reboot a little over an hour ago and tried to load it and it has been running for the hour and still not loaded. not having trouble with any thing else
may try running spy bot but I running pc matic super shield

Shandia
11-07-15, 09:04 PM
Give it a little time Shiva. Over the last few days, many boinc sites, including the team page just refused to load for me. The troubles actually extended a few days at various sites....including the team forum. I think there is some monkey business going on but it's at the internet or ISP level. All I can suggest is to dump your internet stored cache, shut down, reboot you network, boot the computer and try again.

EDIT -- I lied. There is one more thing to check. Look at date/time. Sometimes it's the simple things that screw up the internet.

shiva
11-07-15, 09:16 PM
changed over to firefox and things worked fine.

Mumps
11-08-15, 12:27 PM
Every now and then I'll get a stall on Free-DC. Usually hitting Refresh is all it takes. It's always been a problem with one of the ads getting loaded.