PDA

View Full Version : What's a Good price for GTX 750 Ti?

DrPop
04-30-15, 11:02 AM
I've finally decided I just better go with a quiet GPU in the living room computer. My wife appreciates that. ;) Seems like there is none better than the GTX 750 Ti for this yet. I'd love to have more firepower, but looks like the next generation stuff won't come out till later this year, and setting up a third rig now, so . . .

. . . anyone know what a good price is to watch for on a GTX 750 Ti? If I have a target in mind I can hopefully snag one when it comes up in the next few days here.

FourOh
04-30-15, 11:17 AM
I like the EVGA Superclocked version - it's very quiet and doesn't require a PCIex power cable. Anything under $130 after rebate is a good deal, in my opinion.

PCPartPicker has a great tracking/notification feature for this, but they don't always have the rebate figured in to the price:
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43753kr?history_days=365

The EVGA FTW version has two fans and requires a single 6-pin PCIex cable. I have one of these too and it's a great card:
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43757kr?history_days=365

Maxwell
04-30-15, 11:18 AM
I picked mine up a little while ago ~$120, IIRC.

John P. Myers
04-30-15, 02:57 PM
I have a Galaxy 750 Ti that i paid $160 for because in my mind i absolutely had to have a version with a single slot, even though the heatsink took up 2 slots. But that was ok because my plan was to remove the heatsink and replace it with a waterblock to make it a true single-slot card :D Got the GPU, got the waterblock, never got the desire to actually go through with it :p To me, $160 was just way too much to pay for what the 750 Ti does.

Dave gpu
04-30-15, 03:48 PM
PNY GeForce GTX 750 TI Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), Overclocked - VCGGTX750T2XPB-OC

$119.99*
After Rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/?cm_sp=Masthead-_-Logo-_-NA

Save $40 instantly

I run 7 (PNY) GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card - 2GB, GDDR5, 5400 MHz
Great card; without needing any additional power.

All the best Dave GPU :cool:

DrPop
05-01-15, 10:54 AM
Thanks guys! :)

nanoprobe
05-01-15, 11:52 AM
PNY GeForce GTX 750 TI Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), Overclocked - VCGGTX750T2XPB-OC

$119.99*
After Rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/?cm_sp=Masthead-_-Logo-_-NA

Save $40 instantly

I run 7 (PNY) GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card - 2GB, GDDR5, 5400 MHz
Great card; without needing any additional power.

All the best Dave GPU :cool:

I bought 2 of those a while back because they came with a lifetime warranty. Both have worked flawlessly. When I find the receipt I'll let you know what I paid or them. :o

DrPop
05-04-15, 12:02 AM
Just to complete the unfinished cycle here, I ended up with an EVGA GTX 960 "super super clocked" edition. It was on sale, and the 750 Ti cards were not, so ended up being not all that much more in the grand scheme of thigngs. :) Thanks for the pricing help!

Dave gpu
05-04-15, 06:33 PM
Just to complete the unfinished cycle here, I ended up with an EVGA GTX 960 "super super clocked" edition. It was on sale, and the 750 Ti cards were not, so ended up being not all that much more in the grand scheme of thigngs. :) Thanks for the pricing help!

Very nice card & a big jump from a 750ti ^:)^

All the best Dave GPU

FourOh
05-06-15, 02:45 PM

That's great! I was going to suggest looking at the 960, but I didn't want to be "that guy" :D If it's anything like the 970, you're going to really like it.

There's a local guy on CL trying to sell an almost-new 970 Super-Super Clocked ACX 2.0 just like the ones I have... if I could just get him down under $300 :p

MindCrime
05-23-15, 02:58 PM
Supposedly the gpu BIOS on my egva 750ti is set at 38.5watts When I use a gpushark it shows it being limited by the power limit. There's a few write ups out there about flashing the bios to a higher power limit, I have yet to see anyone in the boinc community do it though, and I'm waiting for that to happen before I fiddle with mine.

It's really quiet, I can't hear it over the rest of the t5500 its in which is the quietest rig in the whole house. Temps are currently at 56c, the two xeons in the case are running at 68-74c. It's a nice card for a set it and forget about it project. It's double precision is horrible, it's 1/32 of its single precision. It's also not that great on asteroids but then again maybe the gpu app on asteroids just isn't that much better than its cpu app. But It's a good BOINC card imo, consistent, quiet, and cool.

edit: maybe I should real all the thread before posting.

FourOh
05-23-15, 03:21 PM
MSP posted a link to the info on 750 Ti power tweak: http://www.setiusa.us/showthread.php?6499-Maxwell-Gen-1&p=76060&viewfull=1#post76060