PDA

View Full Version : A Cruncher's story of healing

dcushing
05-15-15, 07:56 PM
Last July, I took a huge lightning strike that killed 4 computers, complete with gpu's and UPS's, telephone, Uverse modem, and TV's.
On my rainy days lately, I have been seeing if they will every work again b4 I throw em in the trash.

3 days ago, I took an rbox apart to vacuum out (again) to see if it would run. It was struck by the lighting last July. While I was vacuuming, scushing came in to see whast the noise was, and I sed "this is an rbox, I use it on Bitcoinc for charity" She said "Looks heavy with all them metal fins". I said "No, not really, here hold it in your hand and you will see"
She did, and then asked "Is that something for my computer?", I said "Could be". Well, long story short, I brought her over to the team, put the sick rbox in her computer, and well, go look at the team stats.... Rbox risen from the dead!
After that, just yesterday. during a rain, I had the lightning struck UPS up on the table. It gave me E4 errors since last year. I was vacuuming it out and trying to at least save the battery. scushing walks in again saying "You just vacuumed yesterday!". I said "different equipment this time". She looks at the black box and asks "Is that yet not another computer?. I said "No, this is the Uniterupible Power Supply that was alarming out after the lightning strike last summer". She said "Looks heavy with all the metal". (You see where I am going with this eh?) I said "No not really, here hold it for a second". I gave her the UPS, and she put it down over by the q8300 where I wanted it. I plugged it in, and it comes right up, no E4 error, no nothing. Display ready "Online, Battery charge 80%". Ill be damned!

So women really do have the magic touch!.... I got 2 sick 7970's sitting on the table..... hmmmmmmmm guess I should vacuum them out (again)

FourOh
05-15-15, 07:59 PM
Need your address... Got some hardware I need scushing to lay hands on!

Maxwell
05-15-15, 09:20 PM
Hell, I have a wife I need hands laid on... Nice story!

EDIT: Just occurred to me what I typed... =))

DrPop
05-15-15, 09:55 PM
Hahaha!! :)) :D

dcushing
05-15-15, 10:36 PM
And tonight, as I said, I vacuumed out the diamond 7970 for the 4th time in a year (since its been sitting on the table since July of last year)......

after scushing looked at it in her hot little hands,, because she asked me what I was doing... and I said "This is a Graphics Processing Unit, it gives you better video than the motherboard video". "Here, hold it, feel how light it is!"
So I took out the nvidia 460 in q6600-2 installed the 7970..... 7970 up and running (so far) on pg.... So now I have q6600-1 and q6600-2 back... both the same.... Letting it run.

I cant make this sh*t up..... Gonna try that other sick msi 7970 in the comming days. I need a break right now cause I cant believe it myself....

c303a
05-16-15, 11:55 AM
You should go into business healing broken boxes. You could make a mint and not have any investment except for scushing. ;)

Bryan
05-16-15, 12:15 PM
I think you are making a very strong case for Scushing's BOINC Sainthood =)) Obviously she can perform miracles!

dcushing
05-18-15, 09:04 PM
I think you are making a very strong case for Scushing's BOINC Sainthood =)) Obviously she can perform miracles!

Theirs some logical explanation to all this, just cant and probablly wont ever figure it out.....
Have jury duty this week, so not playing with old, broken equipment, for now....