PDA

View Full Version : Front Page

Shandia
08-15-15, 03:58 AM
Since I see no place on the forum for comments and suggestions in our Front Page, I thought I would start a thread. What is the Front Page? It's the first page most visitors to our site see. It's a small stepping stone for those wishing to join the team in the forum and also something that might sway others into joining when they sign up for projects. In the olden days, the story of the team founding was above all else. More recently, it appears the Front Page is being overlooked. When there was little to update on the founding, it was perfectly acceptable to ignore it. Team chat isn't going anywhere and Teamspeak is here, there, gone and here again depending on what's going on. I am hoping this thread is the beginning of suggestions for things to help improve our Front Page face. We all have opinions and suggestions for what may be a good thing to update there from time to time. Having a thread to allow those suggestions and comments makes it easy for even the newest member to chime in. This tread can also be used as a cattle prod to remind those admins who are in charge of our Front Page to make changes and updates when procrastination seems to be in play. :p

In honor of this first post in the newly created thread dedicated to the Front Page, I personally would love to see the top headliner read about our achievements this year. We normal members who slave long and hard for the team all know we slapped P3DN upside the head the best we could this year. Our newest members and visitors only know that there is something called the Pentathlon coming up. Even though that statement is always true, some of the facts need to be changed to reflect it's next appearance. Yes, it would be ok to leave some mention of the P on the front page as a reminder of previous years and those years yet to come. But I think it might be more appealing to others to place the WIN at the top and knock the info on the P down a slot as well as adding in our track record and the history of the event. This has been a very good year for our team. We should have a Front Page that reflects a living, breathing, fighting tooth and nail to be a team worthy of joining and becoming active members of. (Best to suck them in quickly because as we all know...."*th Annual BOINC Pentathlon is Just Around the Corner ". )

Maxwell
08-15-15, 11:23 AM
If you want to see something on the front page, write it, format it, proofread it, and post it.

Shandia
08-21-15, 09:46 PM
If you want to see something on the front page, write it, format it, proofread it, and post it.

Seriously? You know I write erotica, am a professional Dominatrix and model on top of being a computer tech, right? I can write something up. I just can't guarantee that it will be team appropriate.

Al
08-21-15, 09:56 PM
I filled the gap for the time being.

Dave gpu
08-21-15, 10:41 PM

Very nice :cool:

Fire$torm
08-23-15, 12:00 PM

Thx bro.

Justgeo1
12-02-15, 01:04 AM
Ok, now that we have just won our SECOND (http://www.setiusa.us/content.php?645-Formula-BOINC-win-for-SETI-USA-in-2014)Formula BOINC, we need to update our headlines! :)

zombie67
12-02-15, 11:43 PM
Did we do that? Wow!

Al
12-02-15, 11:54 PM
Ok, now that we have just won our SECOND (http://www.setiusa.us/content.php?645-Formula-BOINC-win-for-SETI-USA-in-2014)Formula BOINC, we need to update our headlines! :)
I have the post for FB written and tucked away in the Administration area. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it where it needs to be, but I'm working on it.

Al
12-16-15, 08:42 AM
Okay, finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Formula Boinc 2015 is now on the Front Page. Sorry it took so long.

Duke of Buckingham
12-16-15, 10:02 AM
Somethings are more difficult than others. 2315

Al
12-16-15, 10:12 AM
Somethings are more difficult than others. 2315
Okay, that just made me smile. Thanks Duke!

Mumps
12-16-15, 11:27 PM
Okay, finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Formula Boinc 2015 is now on the Front Page. Sorry it took so long.

I think that proves you've been slacking this entire term. Must be a mandatory term extension until you start getting the hang of being an Admin... :))

zombie67
12-17-15, 12:04 AM
I think that proves you've been slacking this entire term. Must be a mandatory term extension until you start getting the hang of being an Admin... :))

+1

Al
12-17-15, 11:02 AM
Never claimed to be slackless. ;)

Dave gpu
12-17-15, 06:09 PM
+1

Great Avatar::cool:

Al
12-12-16, 06:30 PM
LAF finally got the FB trophy created. Front page has been updated with our 2nd place finish.

Al
12-21-16, 10:41 PM
Front Page (http://www.setiusa.us/content.php) updated with our win in the Thor Challenge.

Dave gpu
12-22-16, 04:11 PM
Front Page (http://www.setiusa.us/content.php) updated with our win in the Thor Challenge.

Good looking Front Page :cool:

STMahlberg
12-23-16, 05:17 AM
Very nice.