PDA

View Full Version : Black ops: how HBGary wrote backdoors for the government

Fire$torm
03-03-11, 06:18 PM
The title says it all. Read it here. (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/02/black-ops-how-hbgary-wrote-backdoors-and-rootkits-for-the-government.ars?utm_source=Ars+Technica+Newsletter&utm_campaign=55cd38358b-February_25_2011_Newsletter&utm_medium=email)

Maxwell
03-03-11, 06:32 PM
Dude. That is fascinating...

Dandasarge
03-04-11, 08:54 AM
This is a practice that is used by every non 3ed world country and most (large) IT companies. It was years after before I could leave my phone on other then to make a call. Every cell phone by law has these kind of things built in. Nextel had a work around with the “beep” “beep” thing. Not sure if that got “fixed”. It would be really hard to be a high tech terrorist post sept. 11th. The US has thousands of people doing this kind of work I wouldn’t be surprised if it was over 100k people.

Pretty well written article, defiantly a collage theory paper you can tell on the flaws in the article made to stretch it out. HBGary though I have no idea who he is? It is most likely to be a cover name. Had nothing to do with the face book friend’s thing that was a Russian idea we use. Its mostly used by PI’s sadly the Gov doesn’t have a bunch of people surfing fb looking for illegal activity. I have seen it used to “in trap” people by the gov and some face recognition stuff but that’s slow so it’s more of local cop thing more then a FBI thing. Also a TON of advertising companies do it. More of your info is stolen to make a buck then to catch bad people by a lot. The company in Russia that developed this makes a ton of money selling info. Phone numbers, E-mail address, exc.

Man I should write a book.

Crazybob
03-04-11, 10:57 AM
Good Read!