PDA

View Full Version : Universe: New BHspin application

RSS
11-12-15, 10:50 AM
As you might have noticed we added a new application recently. It is devoted to investigate the spin evolution of black holes.

When a black hole accretes matter, at the same time it accretes the angular momentum, which results in faster spinning. In this model we examine the influence of this process. What makes it particularly interesting is the fact the the LIGO observatory of gravitational waves started to operate recently. Therefore, in the near future, our theoretical predictions will be checked against observation.

Wojciech G?adysz, who cooperates with us in this project prepared a longer description of this problem which I posted in the Science section. I invite you to take a look.

I hope that you will become interested in this research!

More... (http://universeathome.pl/universe/forum_thread.php?id=87)

Mumps
11-12-15, 04:08 PM
*Sigh* And what sucks about this is I'd just about gotten to the point I could NNT Universe because I'd hit the hours goal on Universe4. :)

Al
11-12-15, 05:54 PM
I need to pay more attention, I didn't know there was a v4. I guess I have some work to do.

Bryan
11-12-15, 06:47 PM
I need to pay more attention, I didn't know there was a v4. I guess I have some work to do.

+1 =))

Al
11-12-15, 06:56 PM
Maybe like MM's and Badges, we might need a sticky for new applications.

Mumps
11-12-15, 07:00 PM
Maybe like MM's and Badges, we might need a sticky for new applications.

That's called Subscribing to the "[Beta] New / Intermittent applications (http://wuprop.boinc-af.org/forum_thread.php?id=351)" thread over on WuProp.=))

Al
11-12-15, 08:25 PM
Hmmm...am I the only one that didn't know about this thread?

Mumps
11-12-15, 08:41 PM
Just FYI: It does seem that there's some weird stuff auto-reported by that thread every now and then. Things like SIMAP and Docking having reported work. But for the most part it's pretty accurate.

I'm suspicious someone has a saved VM somewhere that gets spun up to re-run a stagnant WU all the time... :)