PDA

View Full Version : New NCI Project

Al
11-13-15, 01:32 PM
Like wuprop, it's NCI, so it takes next to no resources and can run next to your other projects without losing a cpu core. Has both Windows and Linux apps.

GoofyxGrid (http://goofyxgridathome.net/)

scole of TSBT
11-13-15, 04:05 PM
What does the project/app do or what is it's purpose?

Al
11-13-15, 04:51 PM
It runs something boinc....hopefully it's something orthwhile, but if not....

Bryan
11-13-15, 05:28 PM

Its purpose is to generate hours/stars on WuProp =))

shiva
11-13-15, 05:41 PM
Its purpose is to generate hours/stars on WuProp =))do ya think, looks like that is as good as it is going to get

Mumps
11-14-15, 11:52 AM
Not really sure what it's currently doing, but while I had it running on my main laptop it really caused a lot of lag. Most likely associated with the USB Docking station my Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor/Network are all connected through. So be aware, it may not be as NCI as expected.

Shandia
11-14-15, 10:35 PM
I hope you are not running win 10 on that laptop Mumps. LOL Of course you aren't. My roomie had to use the printer and managed to screw everything up for me. It seems Win 10 did the download and update taking around 3 hours......before failing the upgrade.....took another 4 hours to reset everything.....SOMEHOW reset the drive prefs from AHCI to IDE.....and then my main stopped working totally. Luckily, fixing the drive or resetting it failed too or I'd have a giant mess on my hands. None the less, this new project seems to be running as well as the other NCI projects on my main with the 8.1 drive running. (going to start the backup and re-doing drives just to get Win 10 on another drive.....see if that fixes the 10 minute boot time) I'm also going to add it to my other systems because I need wuprop apps that I don't have to poke with a stick for hours.

Bryan
12-12-15, 12:34 AM
An interesting tidbit showed up on the forums. The admin is planning on making monkeys_V2 a full blown CPU app in Q1 2016. So credits we are getting on the project for the NCI apps are probably irrelevant. The hours on V2 may still be worth pursuing depending on whether they rename the app or not.

Shandia
12-12-15, 02:02 AM
hours.....yes, hours........that's the ticket! Damn that wuprop. LOL Glad I'm in the zone now on most of my rigs except my main. It's doing other things atm.

Dave gpu
01-04-16, 04:01 PM
GoofyxGrid@Home: Application for linux working on arm platform
If anybody has boinc on rasberry pi/odroid etc (or other arm linux) please join to my project. This evening or tomorrow I will add monkeys_v1 i monkeys_v2 for this plafrom for testing.

Big thanks to Krzysztof Piszczek from Universe@Home.

denim
01-13-16, 09:26 AM
Added it to my office machine. I haven't added a new project since QoS 2 years ago (and that didn't last long), as I told myself, not taking on any more projects. Hahaha.

Dave gpu
01-18-16, 05:35 PM
Thanks to Krzysztof Piszczek from Universe@Home from now I have application monkeys_v1 and monkeys_v2 for MacOS platform.

FourOh
02-02-16, 03:35 PM
GoofyXGrid isn't running NCI on some of my computers.. and taking up cores. Anyone else seeing this?

Update: Seems like the problem is fixed. Others saw the same issue and posted to the project boards.