PDA

View Full Version : LAN Nazis!!!

Teratoma
03-07-11, 07:37 PM
I know CB can relate to this....My client has started cracking down. They use Websense to monitor user activity. Half way thru the day today this site got blocked. I guess I can only blame myself as I often leave a tab open to here most of the day (when I have time). This probably came up on one of their "top offender" lists. I know the guys in the department, but they are probably automating some of the blocking now. Hopefully they won't start blocking project sites. But this does also block me from Free-DC stats as well. :mad:

The only plus is that when we go back on our own domain name, it may not be blocked....I hope. I will be more careful and close out when I'm not active. In the meantime I will have to rely on LogMeIn to get to my home systems and browse from there. But again, I can't stay on too long or they will block that too. Worse case is VPN back to my office, but I'll have to setup a PC or VM form myself to connect to.

x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-( x-(

trigggl
03-07-11, 07:48 PM
I know CB can relate to this....My client has started cracking down. They use Websense to monitor user activity. Half way thru the day today this site got blocked. I guess I can only blame myself as I often leave a tab open to here most of the day (when I have time). This probably came up on one of their "top offender" lists. I know the guys in the department, but they are probably automating some of the blocking now. Hopefully they won't start blocking project sites. But this does also block me from Free-DC stats as well. :mad:

The only plus is that when we go back on our own domain name, it may not be blocked....I hope. I will be more careful and close out when I'm not active. In the meantime I will have to rely on LogMeIn to get to my home systems and browse from there. But again, I can't stay on too long or they will block that too. Worse case is VPN back to my office, but I'll have to setup a PC or VM form myself to connect to.

Unfortunately, when we go back to the old domain name, I'll probably be blocked.

Anyways, [ssh --> linux computer --> dillo] That's how I got to the old site.

DrPop
03-07-11, 10:54 PM
Ah, not cool, man. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully there is a good work around! :p

Dandasarge
03-08-11, 10:12 AM
Ah, not cool, man. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully there is a good work around! :p

There are a million work around, for info go find out how the kids get onto facebook at home... just change FB to SUSA :)

trigggl
03-08-11, 12:49 PM
I used to be able to get past Websense by using the IP number instead of the domain name. Haven't tried it lately.

Crazybob
03-08-11, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear Tera. That sucks. It's funny how those autobots do things. I am blocked from Blockbuster, but I get youtube?

Hope you can get around it.:mad:

Crazybob's Son
03-09-11, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, when we go back to the old domain name, I'll probably be blocked.

Anyways, [ssh --> linux computer --> dillo] That's how I got to the old site.

I used to be able to get past Websense by using the IP number instead of the domain name. Haven't tried it lately.

That sucks Tera.

I am with trigggl that when we go back to setiusa.net I'll be blocked again due to "Social Networking?"

Never tried typing in the IP address... Might have to try that.