PDA

View Full Version : Number Crunchers

eyelessminn
03-08-11, 10:49 PM
I'm excited to start crunching, what's a good project to start?

joker
03-08-11, 10:54 PM
For a CPU, AndrOINC pays well and for a GPU it depends on what card you have. ATI cards do well with MW and DNETC, and Nvidia cards do well with PG if my info is correct.

zombie67
03-08-11, 11:12 PM
For a CPU, AndrOINC pays well and for a GPU it depends on what card you have. ATI cards do well with MW and DNETC, and Nvidia cards do well with PG if my info is correct.

Good advice if your goal is best credits. However, some people have other goals like helping out a particular branch of science. A bit more info from the OP would help.

Maxwell
03-08-11, 11:15 PM
Joker is absolutely right if you want to maximize your credit output. I would suggest that to get your feet wet, pick out a project or two where the science interests you and start there. A decent list of projects can be found here (http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Project_list).

Welcome, and keep asking questions! :cool:

Fire$torm
03-09-11, 12:06 AM
You guys forgot to suggest WUProp@Home. It runs along side other projects since it uses almost no CPU resources.

Crazybob
03-09-11, 01:40 PM
Welcome aboard! Give us a little more info as far as your interests and goals and also about your system, (CPU, GPU, Oper. System and memory). We will help as much or little as you need. Again, welcome!