PDA

View Full Version : The Sentey GS-6500 Burton High Tower Case

rgathright
03-09-11, 07:55 PM
Got dual CPU socket motherboard and multiple graphics cards?

Get a Sentey GS-6500 Burton High Tower Case to keep them all under control.

http://www.bayreviews.com/computers/18828 (http://www.bayreviews.com/computers/18828)

I had a lot of fun writing this review because this case was very easy to work with.

You can fit an E-ATX motherboard comfortably in this case and since it comes with a total of 6 case fans, there is no need to buy additional cooling equipment.

Maxwell
03-09-11, 09:33 PM
This is awesome stuff you get to review. Thanks for posting it!

DrPop
03-10-11, 01:47 PM
Nice case, that's for sure. Enjoyed the write up from an enthusiest perspective. Only thing is, looking at multiple (i.e. like 3) GPU cards, I'm starting to wish more cases had 8 or 9 expansion slots in the rear of the case. Is that really so hard to design? For example, my HAF 932 has only 7 slots - but tons of "wasted" space, where they could have expanded that section to 8 easily.
I would have to jump up to the HAF-X with 9 slots in the back to go 3 GPUs on the mobo I have.
So, this is a nice case, but 7 slots in the back is beginning to seem a bit limiting to me. :(

rgathright
03-10-11, 01:58 PM
Nice case, that's for sure. Enjoyed the write up from an enthusiest perspective. Only thing is, looking at multiple (i.e. like 3) GPU cards, I'm starting to wish more cases had 8 or 9 expansion slots in the rear of the case. Is that really so hard to design? For example, my HAF 932 has only 7 slots - but tons of "wasted" space, where they could have expanded that section to 8 easily.
I would have to jump up to the HAF-X with 9 slots in the back to go 3 GPUs on the mobo I have.
So, this is a nice case, but 7 slots in the back is beginning to seem a bit limiting to me. :(

The trade off is overall case height.

I just measured and there is only an extra 1/2" of unused space at the top and even less at the bottom where the PSU sits, so they would really need to make these cases taller to accommodate.

You could always get that AMD 6990 and save space... :-bd

Maxwell
03-10-11, 03:30 PM
You could always get that AMD 6990 and save space... :-bd
Well yeah, but then I'd want a second one. Then a third... ;)

rgathright
03-10-11, 03:38 PM
Well yeah, but then I'd want a second one. Then a third... ;)

Have to ask... how are you crunch-heads cooling off the rooms where these systems run?

Do you have separate air conditioning systems?

My father has an Intel i7 that with an NVIDIA graphics card in it that's crunching 24/7 for SETI.USA right now. The machine makes so much heat that he has a window AC in the room.

Maxwell
03-10-11, 03:45 PM
Have to ask... how are you crunch-heads cooling off the rooms where these systems run?

My father has an Intel i7 that with an NVIDIA graphics card in it that's crunching 24/7 for SETI.USA right now. The machine makes so much heat that he has a window AC in the room.
Hehe... I keep the machine in the office, so I don't have to deal with it elsewhere. In the non-summer, I have a window right in front of it so that I can just open the window to vent some heat. I haven't had this machine over summer yet, so I'll have to see...

DrPop
03-10-11, 04:57 PM
Haha - good question! I have mine in the back room of the office now, so it doesn't really matter how hot it gets (I mean, within reason, otherwise it will probably shut itself down if it over heats).

Before I get more GPUs, I think I need a good water cooling setup...

Fire$torm
03-10-11, 05:55 PM

Well, last summer my room (converted den to office/bedroom) got pretty warm last summer with Central Air and at night it got warmer since I have to close the door to sleep (Room is adjacent to kitchen). Sometimes my room would reach 89F by early morning.

Keep in mind that was just my Core i7 w/ x1 HD 4850 + Dell Laptop running.

This summer should prove to be much WARMER :( as I now have x3 HD 4850s in my Desktop, x2 P4 systems (one has a 9500GT) and a second laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-FS660) all in the same room........ Sauna anyone?

Maxwell
03-10-11, 06:43 PM
Since you're so close to the kitchen, just sleep in the fridge...

Fire$torm
03-10-11, 07:10 PM
Since you're so close to the kitchen, just sleep in the fridge...

Hardy Har Har......

Wait a sec! .....Thinking..... ----> Deep Freezer in garage. Drill holes for power strip and Cat-5e cable, install hardware and seal holes with silicone....... I wonder if they will notice?