PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings

John R.@SETI.USA
03-11-11, 01:48 PM
Since I had to be reminded that Daylight Savings starts this weekend, thought I would pass this reminder along........:)

Maxwell
03-11-11, 04:01 PM
Thanks! I only heard a rumor yesterday, so that's good to know...

zombie67
03-11-11, 05:17 PM
Dumbest thing ever.

Very important! Don't die before we fall back, or you will have been cheated out of an hour of your life!

Fire$torm
03-11-11, 10:42 PM
Dumbest thing ever.

Very important! Don't die before we fall back, or you will have been cheated out of an hour of your life!

Something kinda morbid about that line of thinking. :))

Ricky Moore
03-12-11, 06:48 AM
Thankfully most everything in my house is to change on it's own. I only have to change the phones and fax and my watch.

-GER-
03-12-11, 12:27 PM
My clocks are self correcting I just wait 6 months and their right again %%-

DrPop
03-12-11, 02:40 PM

LOL! Are you retired? =))

Fire$torm
03-12-11, 03:33 PM

Definitely the best joke of the day!!! =))

zombie67
03-12-11, 05:27 PM
A watch? Do people still use those anymore? I just look at my phone if I need to know the time.

Maxwell
03-12-11, 07:00 PM
A watch? Do people still use those anymore? I just look at my phone if I need to know the time.
I have a colleague that got really offended by that until he realized what was going on. He thought people were ignoring him and checking messages until he realized that phones are the new watches. :-?

DrPop
03-12-11, 07:15 PM
...He thought people were ignoring him and checking messages until he realized that phones are the new watches. :-?

LOL! That would take some getting used to if you were old school. :D

Kind of like when those wireless ear pieces first came out for cell phones, everyone looked like they were crazy and talking to themselves...now it's just common place! :cool:

Fire$torm
03-12-11, 07:50 PM
LOL! That would take some getting used to if you were old school. :D

Kind of like when those wireless ear pieces first came out for cell phones, everyone looked like they were crazy and talking to themselves...now it's just common place! :cool:

I'm totally OLD SCHOOL. I love wearing a watch and its just THERE! A twist of the wrist to read the time. A phone you have to usually open or wake up to read the time. I like simplicity in my time keeping.....

zombie67
03-12-11, 09:19 PM
I like not carrying redundant devices. Simplify!

DrPop
03-12-11, 09:22 PM
...I like simplicity in my time keeping...

Swiss? Rolex? :D

Best one I ever had was a Seiko kinetic titanium - old school looking, but it lasted a lot longer than any other watch I've ever owned.:p

Fire$torm
03-13-11, 03:14 AM
Swiss? Rolex? :D

Best one I ever had was a Seiko kinetic titanium - old school looking, but it lasted a lot longer than any other watch I've ever owned.:p

TIMEX!!!! What else would a good 'ol Red Blooded American wear? :D

LOL, I have owned mostly Timex's but I love my Seiko. Its gold on anthracite grey. I prefer muted tunes. I can't stand "Bling".... YUCK! My second fav was a Swatch. Long gone. :((